For more than 160 years, The Hanover has been committed to delivering on our promises and being there when it matters the most. We live our values every day, demonstrating we CARE.
Our Service Management Operations team and Information Technology organization is looking for an Associate Application Engineer to join our growing team in our Worcester Headquarters or remote work location consideration.
The Associate Application Engineer will apply technical knowledge/capabilities and development skills to design and develop efficient application software solutions, based upon business requirements and technical specifications.
The Application Engineer ensures thorough unit testing of all new software applications and enhancements to existing software applications.
This is a Full-time, Exempt role.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Performs required functions in accordance with the various application development methodologies i.e. Agile / Waterfall etc.
- Promotes code and supports setup of multiple test environments.
- Exhibits best practices in source code management software use.
- Supports, troubleshoots and debugs coding defects identified during validation.
- Engages in application defect resolution identified during development lifecycle and in support of production systems.
- Adheres to all application development quality standards and procedures.
- Support technical implementation planning and execution of software releases.
- Contributes to project planning, design, and estimating activities.
- Stays current and builds knowledge of programming languages, application development tools, best practices, and methodologies.
- Provides timely and accurate project status reporting.
- Collaborates effectively with team members, including offsite and offshore partners.
- Build knowledge of P&C insurance concepts and Hanover application systems.
- Responsible for developing software application solutions of basic to intermediate complexity for all or a component part of an assigned project.
WHAT YOU NEED TO APPLY:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
- 2-3 years’ experience in Java/JS development
- Exposure working with ServiceNow is a plus
- Understanding of application development processes
- Understanding of source code management and application code deployment
- Ability to analyze and creatively solve problems
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks
- Effective communication, organization, and interpersonal skills
- Initiative, adaptability, and willingness to learn
- Detail oriented
- Must be eligible to work in the US without requiring sponsorship now or in the future.
Knowledge and experience with several of the following technologies:
- Web Services/REST Service
- Microsoft Power BI development
- Shell/PowerShell scripting experience
It’s not just a job, it’s a career, and we are here to support you every step of the way. We want you to be successful and fulfilled. Through on-the-job experiences, personalized coaching and our robust learning and development programs, we encourage you – at every level – to grow and develop.
We offer comprehensive benefits to help you be healthy, build financial security, and balance work and home life. At The Hanover, you’ll enjoy what you do and have the support you need to succeed.
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- 401K with a company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- 9 company holidays
- Flexible work arrangements
- On-site medical/wellness center (Worcester only)
“The Hanover values diversity in the workplace and among our customers. The company provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants on the basis of experience, training, education, and ability to do the available work without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, ancestry or any other status protected by law.
Furthermore, The Hanover Insurance Group is committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment based on national origin, race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by law.”
As an equal opportunity employer, Hanover does not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation, as a candidate for employment, please inform The Hanover Talent Acquisition office.
Applicants who are California residents: To see the types of information we may collect from applicants and employees and how we use it, please click here.