For more than 160 years, The Hanover has been committed to delivering on our promises and being there when it matters the most. We live our values every day, demonstrating we CARE.
The Hanover Insurance Group is seeking to attract exceptional college students for our Summer Internship Program, which provides meaningful opportunities for personal and professional growth, as well as rewarding career path options.
The Hanover’s Internship Program provides college students with the opportunity to work on a variety of critical business assignments, test your skills, use your academic knowledge and match your interests to a real job over the course of 10 weeks. Through the program, you will be supported and mentored by a community of exceptional talent including: leaders, managers, subject matter experts and recent graduates who are just getting started in our dynamic industry. As part of your experience, you will also participate in a cross-functional team building project focused on corporate philanthropy, as well as attend weekly development workshops with your intern peers. We have very high expectations of our participants and anticipate their strong dedication to the program and to our company. We expect candidates to have a sense of ownership in their career development and a commitment to excellence. We recruit highly skilled students for potential future full-time employment opportunities, upon graduation. The Hanover’s Internship Program is 10 weeks in duration throughout the summer (June – mid August). We will be taking applications for our program on an ongoing basis from September to February. Qualified applicants selected for an interview will be contacted by a member of The Hanover University Relations team to discuss next steps. We receive a high volume of applications for our internship program each year and thank you for your patience during our review and interview process. Please Note: You will need to apply through www.jobs.hanover.com for your internship application to be considered.
Internship responsibilities and activities involve working within a team environment and may focus on any of the following:
- Researching and applying technical information to support current Risk Solutions service efforts.
- Attending co-surveys with experienced Risk Solutions staff to learn and develop technical and consulting skills.
- Completing one Capstone project and presentation to senior management on a relevant Risk Solutions topic. (Possibly involving innovation and the use of technology to help improve Risk Solutions efficiencies.)
- Completing and/or assisting field consultants with PML calculations and follow-up to review for accuracy.
- Assisting with the research and development of draft Risk Solutions support resources.
- Assisting field consultants with pre-visit preparation work including account research.
- Developing account loss trend analyses.
- Completing personal lines home inspections.
- Following-up with customers to gain commitment to move forward with field consultant recommended services such as water/temperature sensors, IR thermography/vibration testing, drone survey, wearable technology sensors, slipmeter testing and fleet telematics.
- Following-up on the status of open Vendor and Staff Recommendations by calling customers, answering questions, providing assistance as needed, and entering notes into our loss control system.
- Participating in the Enterprise Automation Project.
- Contributing new ideas and perspective to Risk Solutions pipelining and talent recruitment strategies.
- Assisting Technical Directors and AVPs with assigned projects.
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher preferred
- Ability to commit to a full time 10-week internship program
- Ability to work in the U.S. without requiring sponsorship now or in the future
- 0-2 years of professional working experience
- Ability to collaborate with peers to ensure processes are efficient
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Critical thinking/problem solving skills and analytical mindset
- Exposure to MS Office applications
- Excellent time management and multitasking skills.
It’s not just a job, it’s a career, and we are here to support you every step of the way. We want you to be successful and fulfilled. Through on-the-job experiences, personalized coaching and our robust learning and development programs, we encourage you – at every level – to grow and develop.
We offer comprehensive benefits to help you be healthy, build financial security, and balance work and home life. At The Hanover, you’ll enjoy what you do and have the support you need to succeed.
•Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
•401K with a company match
•9 company holidays
•Flexible work arrangements
•On-site medical/wellness center (Worcester only)
“The Hanover values diversity in the workplace and among our customers. The company provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants on the basis of experience, training, education, and ability to do the available work without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, ancestry or any other status protected by law.
Furthermore, The Hanover Insurance Group is committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment based on national origin, race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by law.”
As an equal opportunity employer, Hanover does not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation, as a candidate for employment, please inform The Hanover Talent Acquisition office.