For more than 160 years, The Hanover has been committed to delivering on our promises and being there when it matters the most. We live our values every day, demonstrating we CARE.
Our growing Enterprise Automation team is currently seeking an Automation Architect, in or around Worcester, MA. If the candidate is qualified, remote location would also be considered.
This is a full-time role.
It is a great opportunity to join the growing Enterprise Automation Practice team at The Hanover. We are professionals with varied backgrounds that are focused on driving real business outcomes leveraging cutting edge AI and Robotic tools for execution of automation projects across the enterprise. Position allows you to partner with technical and business resources of the organization and enhance your personal brand and learnings in the process.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL:
- Author and own the technical approach and design document for Automation Projects across different technologies
- Lead and drive architecture design reviews and change management board reviews
- Perform design/code reviews and related development activities for automations of different complexities
- Communicates effectively and provides leadership and guidance to technical team members throughout the course of the project
- Assists the project manager or solution architect in recognizing and mitigating any risks to the solution’s overall success
- Analyzes industry, technology and market trends to determine their potential impacts on the enterprise infrastructure architecture.
- Partner with supporting function such as security, sourcing, engineering, architecture for design review and completeness
WHAT YOU NEED TO APPLY:
- 2-3 years of related experience
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, system analysis or a related study, or equivalent experience
- Basic knowledge of the aspects of an Enterprise Technical Architecture
- Ability to develop Technical Approach, Design Documents and Architecture Position Statements
- Deep knowledge in a minimum of two of the following technical disciplines: network design, security design, middleware, distributed systems, storage, end points or database platforms
- Natural curiosity, independent decision making, strong leadership, analytical and technical skills
- Ability to articulate complex concepts
- Ability to summarize complex business concepts into written & oral communications using PowerPoint and other data presentation tools.
- Polished, well-spoken, and a collaborative person with a high level of written and verbal communication skills.
It’s not just a job, it’s a career, and we are here to support you every step of the way. We want you to be successful and fulfilled. Through on-the-job experiences, personalized coaching and our robust learning and development programs, we encourage you – at every level – to grow and develop.
We offer comprehensive benefits to help you be healthy, build financial security, and balance work and home life. At The Hanover, you’ll enjoy what you do and have the support you need to succeed.
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance
- 401K with a company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- 9 company holidays
- Flexible work arrangements
- On-site medical/wellness center (Worcester only)
“The Hanover values diversity in the workplace and among our customers. The company provides equal opportunity for employment and promotion to all qualified employees and applicants on the basis of experience, training, education, and ability to do the available work without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex/gender, sexual orientation, national origin, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, ancestry or any other status protected by law.
Furthermore, The Hanover Insurance Group is committed to providing an equal opportunity workplace that is free of discrimination and harassment based on national origin, race, color, religion, gender, ancestry, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information or any other status protected by law.”
As an equal opportunity employer, Hanover does not discriminate against qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require a reasonable accommodation, as a candidate for employment, please inform The Hanover Talent Acquisition office.
Applicants who are California residents: To see the types of information we may collect from applicants and employees and how we use it, please click here.