Communication & Strategic Partnerships
The Hunger Project (THP) is a global non-profit organization whose mission is to end hunger and poverty by pioneering sustainable, grassroots, women-centered strategies and advocating for their widespread adoption in regions where hunger persists. We operate in 22 countries with 350 staff and have mobilized 395,000 volunteer leaders worldwide. Our programs throughout Africa, South Asia and Latin America are based on an innovative, holistic approach, which empowers women and men living in rural villages to become the agents of their own development and make sustainable progress in overcoming hunger and poverty.
Are you passionate about international affairs and international development work? Would you like an internship with a global organization working to empower women and men to end their own hunger and poverty? Are you a good writer and have a creative mindset? Then you should join our Investor Engagement Team!
The Hunger Project is seeking individuals with a passion for serving others and an interest in supporting our work during Summer 2021. This is a part time, unpaid, remote internship. If you think that this internship may satisfy the requirements for academic credit or an internship stipend program from your school or local communities, we will be happy to complete and support the request for funding.
This is an opportunity for passionate, creative and adaptable individuals who are eager to learn to actively support many facets of communication and partnership building through THP branding as well as planning and implantation of content for our virtual events, Vision to Action workshops, Elevate Series newsletter, evaluating communication strategies, or special projects. These individuals will build relationships, grow their mindset and skills as they eagerly put into practice their formal educational training.
- Support the planning, coordinating and executing of the content as they work directly alongside the Investor Engagement Manager.
- Build capacity for Investor Engagement Manager through administrative support tasks.
- Draft and edit communication, content, digital images and fundraising materials specific to US fundraising efforts, events, programs and branding.
- Draft and edit content for social media channels, websites, newsletter and investor communications.
- Provide administrative, creative and project management support to the US Fundraising team.
- Will assist in the implementation and evaluation of communication strategies between the Investor Engagement team and corporate partners
- Creating new ideas and solutions to improve partnership communication
- Support the planning, coordinating and executing all logistics for creative content.
- Act as a project manager by keeping communication & marketing documents, systems, budgets, schedules, notes and overviews up to date and organized.
- Build relationships with THP staff, vendors, investors and other past and present THP interns.
- Support the planning, coordinating and executing of all corporate partnerships, The Younger Project, Financial Family, Vision to Action Workshops.
- Support the administrative and project duties as assigned by Investor Engagement Associate or Investor Engagement Manager.
- Currently enrolled as a part or full time student at an accredited university, community college or trade school.
- Currently enrolled in a communication, journalism, international relations, graphic design or other related degree program
- Proficient knowledge in Adobe After Effects, Illustrator, Photoshop.
- Desire to learn, grow and embrace or generate new innovative ideas.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and committed to accuracy.
- Self-starter with strong leadership and social skills. Must be able to work independently and take ownership of your time, space and projects.
- Interest and/or work experience in international development, gender studies, non-profit management, fundraising, client services, event management and hospitality.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong editing and proofreading skills.
- Creative ability to develop print, digital and social content.
- Multimedia, graphic design, video editing and photography skills are desired, though not necessary.
- A team player who is adaptable, flexible and willing to contribute in any way needed. Has a desire to be in service of others, working behind the scenes to ensure excellent delivery of the team’s work. Resourceful and must be able to work independently.
- Knowledge of standard business applications: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Gmail, Google Docs; knowledge of Sales Force a plus, as well as any graphics programs;
- Willingness to assist during evening events or meetings.
- Experience working across nations and cultures is a plus, as well as multiple language skills.
- Commitment to THP’s values, including an understanding of and compatibility with our principles and philosophy. The successful candidate will be working with a team who loves what they are doing and feels it is a privilege to be working in service of this mission.
How to Apply
To apply you must send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 16th. Please do not apply directly through this career platform.
This is a part time, unpaid, remote internship. If you think that this internship may satisfy the requirements for academic credit or an internship stipend program from your school or local communities, we will be happy to complete and support the request for funding.
THE HUNGER PROJECT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER AND DOES NOT DISCRIMINATE ON THE BASIS OF RACE, COLOR, NATIONAL ORIGIN, CREED, RELIGION, GENDER, SEXUAL ORIENTATION, AGE, DISABILITY, VETERAN STATUS, OR ANY OTHER LEGALLY-PROTECTED CHARACTERISTIC.