Are you looking to make an impact? Intern with the Impact Center! Our internship program offers excellent opportunities to gain valuable experience with an entrepreneurial, mission-driven organization. This internship opportunity is exclusively virtual.
The Impact Center is a national organization that empowers leaders to leverage their talents, skills, and passion in order to have a greater impact on their organizations, communities, and our society.
The Impact Center’s internship program fosters professional development for graduate students and skilled undergraduates. Interns collaborate with our staff on key projects to develop strong analytical, research, marketing, and writing skills. Our internship program is unique because we offer interns autonomy to be creative and innovative while being mentored by our staff to deliver on key projects.
Ideal candidates will be highly-motivated self-starters with strong communication skills and the ability to work both independently and as part of a collaborative team. Commitment to getting results in a fast-paced collaborative environment is essential. We expect interns to be available to work remotely at least 30 hours/week from early June through mid-August. Schedule and start/end dates are flexible.
“I couldn’t have picked a better place to work than the Impact Center. They have great trust in their interns and are not afraid to give them challenging projects that are important to the organization.” – Impact Center Intern Testimonial
We are currently accepting applications for the position of Communications Intern. This position is an opportunity to support programming and growth within the Impact Center. Highly organized candidates with strong planning, research or writing skills are particularly encouraged to apply.
Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to:
- Creating and scheduling social media posts for Facebook, LinkedIn, and Twitter; daily monitoring of these accounts in order to track brand awareness and engagement;
- Designing social media graphics and other marketing material with Canva or Adobe Illustrator;
- Planning and writing email blasts and biweekly e-newsletters through MailChimp;
- Learning about Campaign URLs, and tracking campaign performance and trends through Google Analytics;
- Overseeing the production of original video content to promote our Women’s Executive Leadership Program as well as our other client work;
- Website maintenance through Squarespace and the utilization of basic SEO strategies to improve site visibility and performance; and
- Collaborating with staff on new tools and ideas for our communications and marketing strategies.
An ideal candidate need not have experience in all of the above programs or skills to be successful in this position; a willingness to learn and the ability to pick up new skills quickly will be crucial in determining eligibility for this role.
Check with your Internship Coordinator BEFORE accepting to determine how you might do this internship for credit.