Who are We?
The Institute for Organizational Science and Mindfulness (IOSM) is a new non-profit association, with a mission to bring science-based mindfulness into the mainstream of our business, education, healthcare and government organizations. We’re searching for great teammates to help us build this global movement
Why this Matters:
The National Institutes of Health (NIH) have named chronic stress the enduring global epidemic of this century, and confirmed that the workplace is, by far, the primary source.
The Covid-19 pandemic and seismic disruptions in our social and political landscape have created even higher levels of work pressure, digital overload, unconscious bias and conflict.
Our people and organizations need help. IOSM was created to fund the research, define the standards of practice, create the curriculum, and implement mindfulness programs to create more effective leaders, a happier and higher-performing workforce, and a more inclusive, more productive workplace.
Based on experience and skills, interns may be aimed at research, content development, marketing and social media, or member-facing projects.
IOSM student internships are full-time, unpaid, and run for a minimum of 90 days (though we do have some flexibility on that timing). We’re happy to work with your school to make sure you receive maximum credits.
– We solve for really smart, really motivated, really fun people to work with
– We’re a fast-moving startup, so positivity, flexibility, and a willingness to do whatever it takes, are key
– This is a fully virtual role, so you’ll need a good computer, good internet and a good place to work
– A passion for people, performance and the future of education and work
– If you don’t want to change the world, this isn’t the internship for you
– What they don’t teach you in school
– About the neuroscience-based, performance-focused mindfulness movement
– About leadership, human capital management and organizational development
– From the ground up, in a bootstrapping non-profit with a global mission
– From a team who have taken multiple companies from startup into the Fortune 500