Summer Associate – 2021 (Communications)
The Kaizen Company (Kaizen) is an international development consulting firm and an incubator for innovative, scalable solutions that address emerging market challenges and opportunities. We aspire to transform the nature and impact of international development and work to strengthen organizations and institutions through innovative approaches to organizational development, reform, and change. Kaizen is currently seeking undergraduate and graduate students to join our dynamic team as Associates (interns) for Summer 2021. Associates are given the opportunity to meaningfully contribute to all aspects of Kaizen’s work and seamlessly integrate in our collegial culture. Kaizen Associates are important members of our teams with room to grow in an initiative-driven workspace.
This internship is best suited for Marketing, Journalism, Communications, and International Relations/Development undergraduate or graduate students interested in entering the field of international development. The internship comes with a modest stipend. It is expected that the selected Associate will work a minimum of 40 hours per week in the Summer, beginning on or about May 24th through the end of August. Associates will have the opportunity to work remotely, from any virtual location with reliable internet.
- Engage with approaches to complex international development issues.
- Gain practical understanding of communications for development actors through observation and participation in marketing efforts.
- Support the Knowledge Management and Communications teams in curating, disseminating, and drafting information products.
- Contribute to the research and development of new, innovative ways for Kaizen to tell its story and deliver its message to key stakeholders.
- Learn the basic principles of working for an implementing partner of USAID and support various efforts. This includes cross-cutting work with the program management, business development, and corporate teams.
- Apply and test strategic communications to aid in the development of systems and processes in a rapidly growing company.
- Support corporate strategic objectives and participate in thematic working groups.
The ideal candidate:
- Is currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program (required).
- Is an entrepreneurial self-starter, and works well without excessive supervision.
- Has previous professional experience, ideally working in consulting, marketing, or communications.
- Is interested in entering the field of development assistance.
- Has strong research skills.
- Has strong attention to detail.
- Can prioritize and manage competing deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Demonstrates excellent written and oral communication skills.
If you are interested in this position and have most or all of the desired qualifications, please submit a CV, a cover letter explaining key qualifications and availability, and the names and contact information for 3 references (professional and/or academic).