A LITTLE ABOUT US
Founded in 1951, the Nature Conservancy is a global conservation organization dedicated to conserving the lands and waters on which all life depends. Guided by science, we create innovative, on-the-ground solutions to our world’s toughest challenges so that nature and people can thrive together. We are tackling climate change, conserving lands, waters and oceans at unprecedented scale, providing food and water sustainably and helping make cities more sustainable. One of our core values is our commitment to diversity. Therefore, we strive for a globally diverse and culturally competent workforce. Working in 74 countries, including all 50 United States, we use a collaborative approach that engages local communities, governments, the private sector, and other partners. To learn more, visit www.nature.org or follow @nature_press on Twitter.
The Nature Conservancy offers competitive compensation, 401k or savings-plan matching for eligible employees, excellent benefits, flexible work policies and a collaborative work environment. We also provide professional development opportunities and promote from within. As a result, you will find a culture that supports and inspires conservation achievement and personal development, both within the workplace and beyond.
YOUR POSITION WITH TNC
There has never been a more important time to help the public value nature and its role in shaping our future. Seizing this moment, The Nature Conservancy in New Hampshire is striving to engage a variety of audiences to cultivate an informed, motivated, and engaged citizenry to address the planet’s pressing 21st century environmental challenges. Now is your chance to help make this happen! The Marketing and Communications Intern—you!—will be given the opportunity to build bridges between people and nature by actively telling the stories of work being done in New Hampshire to protect and restore natural resources, and how these efforts connect to the Conservancy’s work around the world. Your internship will focus on print, social and digital media, as well as events and outreach, with the opportunity to experience all aspects of marketing. You will be part of a hard-working and fun team working to implement tactics identified in the New Hampshire program’s marketing plan and provide support to the Marketing and Communications Manager. While we will work with our intern to set a schedule that works best for all, this internship is proposed at 28 hours per week for 12 weeks, running from approximately mid-May to mid-August based in our Great Bay Office, located in Newmarket, New Hampshire.
The Marketing and Communications Inters will work on a range of projects, such as:
- Developing written and visual content for newsletters, magazines, web and e-newsletters.
- Developing written and visual content for social media platforms including Facebook and Instagram.
- Event planning and coordination including partner outreach, ordering of materials and guest list management, if conditions allow.
- Assisting Marketing and Communications Manager with implementing tactics included in the program’s Marketing and Social Media strategies.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND SCOPE
The ideal candidate will:
- Interact with staff, volunteers and partners- virtually or in-person, if conditions allow.
- Perform duties under regular supervision and established guidelines.
- Make decisions based on experience, judgment and input from the Marketing and Communications Manager.
- Create compelling content for use across multiple marketing channels and products.
- High school diploma and 6 months of related experience or class work.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Experience writing creative content.
- Experience with relevant technology such as Microsoft Suite needed for communications.
- Experience with using social media.
- Valid driver’s license and reliable means of transportation.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite appreciated.
- Ability to contribute creative ideas and concepts desired.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Experience with organizing events a plus.
- Experience providing administrative or project support.
- Experience in photography and video production preferred.
- Active on social media with knowledge of current trends when using Facebook and Instagram.
- Ability to work productively and efficiently independently and as part of a team both in the office and in the field.