Are you a college student looking to develop your resume? Are you interested in gaining experience writing content for client communications, creating innovative designs and managing events?
The O’Ferrall Group (OFG) seeks a paid intern to assist with client operations while learning about association management and event planning. The initial internship will be held virtually over the summer (May through August). There may be an option to renew for a four to six-month period starting in the fall (TBD whether the extension will be virtual or in-person).
Intern duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Writing for client communications, including emails, social media posts, newsletters, press releases and publications
- Designing elements for emails and social media
- Setup for and management of virtual events (and possibly for in-person events down the line)
- Database entries and queries to track specific metrics such as member engagement
- Membership development efforts, such as follow up with non-member event attendees
- Researching digital platforms, web-based services, and other resources as needed
- Video creation, editing and posting
Viable candidates will need to devote approximately 20 hours per week towards the internship, with specifically scheduled hours between 8 am and 6 pm M-F.
The ideal candidate will be an organized and proactive collaborator who balances innovative and creative thinking with good judgement and discretion. Due to the fast-paced nature of OFG’s work, the person selected will need to be a quick study, able to learn to use a variety of web-based tools and programs in a short time frame. Preference will be given to candidates majoring in a related field, including Communications, Media Studies, Graphic Arts, Design, Marketing, English, etc.
The O’Ferrall Group, a boutique association management firm, was founded in 2009 by Principals Tim O’Ferrall and Donna De Marco who have surrounded themselves with a dedicated team focused on bringing clients to the next level. OFG manages operations, communications and events for multiple associations and private corporate clients.