Interested in providing general day-to-day field (with covid protocols) and in-office PA support?
THE OFFICE performing arts + film is transforming the scope of the arts world. We are an independent performing arts & film curator and production company based in New York City. We create cultural programming that is unique and mission-specific while working with artists across all disciplines who strive in their practice to illuminate and advance causes that move them. We also partner with presenting organizations that bring meaningful (and fun!) work to the public. Our goal in all this is to create spaces for art to do the things it’s so good at doing: to uplift and inspire, to explain and reveal, to entertain, to challenge and hold to account, and to act as a catalyst for change. Social justice and equity, race, gender, sustainability, and democratic ideals are common threads in the projects we help put out into the world. We have a special focus on making art happen that has a positive impact on society.
Key Responsibilities Include but are not limited to
- Assist a lead producer in managing all details for upcoming projects. Intern will be assigned to one producer for the duration of internship.
- Research and development for new business development and pitches for producing and consulting projects.
- Primarily remote work (with some on location with safety measures in place.)
- Coordinate company management (hotel, travel, etc) on an as needed-basis Provide admin support for lead producers.
- Actively enrolled student pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited institution.
- Proof of legal eligibility for employment in the U.S.
- Must be available to commit 15-20 hours per week during the duration of the program.
- Must be available to travel locally when necessary during working hours.
- Able to use discretion when necessary regarding projects in development.
- Strong Google Suite skills needed.
- Experience with Slack and Monday.com is a plus.
- An interest in the arts field and getting a “behind the scenes” experience in production work.
- A great communicator and a resourceful problem solver.
- Attention to detail and ability to multitask while working in an ever-changing environment is required.
- High level of diplomacy, judgment, and accountability.
- Can work independently, but comfortable communicating when assistance is needed.
- Organization and time management skills are a must.
- Responsible and positive work attitude with the ability to deal with challenging tasks.
All interested candidates are required to submit the following in one PDF via THE OFFICE website (https://www.theofficearts.com/join-the-team):
- Current resume
- One page Cover letter reflecting your interest in the Programming Assistant internship
- 3 names/contact information of professional/personal references (include name, relationship, phone number, and email address)
THE OFFICE does not provide visas for individuals working from abroad or housing/travel costs. However, we would be delighted to assist interns from outside NYC with housing research/questions.
- Remote interview process
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Temperature screenings
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
- Potential to be a fully remote position, if needed.