ONE is a global movement campaigning to end extreme poverty and preventable disease by 2030, so that everyone, everywhere can lead a life of dignity and opportunity.
We believe the fight against poverty isn’t about charity, but about justice and equality. Whether lobbying political leaders in world capitals or running cutting-edge grassroots campaigns, ONE pressures governments to do more to fight extreme poverty and preventable disease, particularly in Africa, and empowers citizens to hold their governments to account.
ONE’s members are crucial to this work. They come from every walk of life and from across the political spectrum. They’re artists and activists, faith and business leaders, students and scientists. They take action day in, day out — organizing, mobilizing, educating, and advocating so that people will have the chance not just to survive, but to thrive.
ONE teams in Abuja, Berlin, Brussels, Dakar, Johannesburg, London, New York, Ottawa, Paris and Washington DC, educate and lobby governments to shape policy solutions that save and improve millions of lives — and which every year are under threat from cuts and other priorities.
ONE is grounded in a mission, vision and set of values that provide a foundation for our work. At ONE, we look for talented individuals who are passionate about making change and who will strive to embody our values. Please take a moment to make yourself familiar with our values and mission statement before submitting your application.
Employees of ONE work in a collaborative and creative environment. When you work for ONE, you will receive excellent benefits along with the opportunity to be part of an international organization and contribute to our mission to end extreme poverty and preventable disease.
ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
As a Regional Organizer (Mid South), you are responsible for identifying, developing, and mobilizing ONE activists and volunteer leaders in the region in partnership with a Regional Organizing Manager. You will build a robust advocacy presence toward targeted decision makers for ONE’s issues, and you will raise awareness of ONE’s issues and initiatives through creative local programming and through implementation of national campaigns.
This is a full-time, exempt position based remotely in the mid-south. The mid-south encompasses New Mexico, Texas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Mississippi, Louisiana, and Tennessee. Candidates will be considered from anywhere in the region, with a preference for locations that are easy travel hubs. This role reports to the Directors of the US Membership Mobilization Team.
IN THIS ROLE, YOU WILL
- Work with a Regional Organizing Manager to set, measure, and achieve goals to (1) build local volunteer leadership and high-impact membership capacity and (2) mobilize catalytic advocacy actions to move ONE’s policy priorities with targeted decision makers in Southern U.S. “super region”.
- Strategically recruit and engage with ONE’s key constituencies, including college students, faith communities, veterans, and the diaspora.
- Develop relationships with community partners and coalitions to mobilize aligned advocacy activity.
- Work with a Regional Organizing Manager to plan and execute strategic organizing trips in the region, while demonstrating sound financial consideration for use of ONE’s resources and ensuring productive outcomes.
- Maintain volunteer database with key data from region and ensure timely submission of action data from local activities.
- Lead regular trainings related to recruitment and development opportunities.
- Serve on project teams to develop constituency resources, training, and other identified capacity-building products.
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU
- Bachelor’s degree in Political Science, Public Policy, Communications, Marketing or related field, or equivalent experience.
- At least two years’ experience mobilizing and organizing, strong relationship management and leadership development skills.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills including presentation and training skills.
- Team-player with a positive, can-do attitude and the ability to motivate team members, with a demonstrated track record of self-directed work.
- Adept at social media and digital communications platforms.
- Enthusiasm for working in a data/metrics-driven environment.
- High motivation and ability to communicate with colleagues across the country proactively.
- Demonstrable passion for ONE’s issues and priorities.
- Ability to travel frequently.
- Ability to consistently apply good judgment, work independently, and make responsible decisions.
- Ability to lift and carry 25 pounds and ability to stand for long periods of time when working in the field, sometimes outdoors.
- Genuine interest and passion for ONE’s issues and priorities.
- Highly organized, detail-oriented and self-motivated
- Collaborative mindset and strong interpersonal skills
- Remain positive in high pressure and stressful situations
- Action oriented and results focused
- Flexible and resourceful approach
- Independent problem solver
- Legally eligible for work in the United States
Fluency in English required.
Up to 50% domestic travel. Travel is currently limited due to COVID-19 and employees must adhere to ONE’s current operational guidelines.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
This is a fully remote work opportunity based in the mid-south as outlined above and regular travel is required (approximately 30%-50%of the time). Note that travel may increase for those based in locations that are further from transportation or with limited flights. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job. Ability to lift and carry 25 pounds and ability to stand for long periods of time when working in the field, sometimes outdoors.
Are you ready to join the fight against extreme poverty and preventable disease? Please submit a resume to this opening at ONE jobs!
ONE is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, age, or other legally protected characteristics.
Due to the number of inquiries that ONE receives, we thank all candidates for their interest yet only those who are selected for an interview will be contacted.