As a paid part-time employee of The Orchard, you’ll be an advocate for artists that The Orchard distributes. You’ll promote 3-6 artists per month, as well as one-off promotions as they arise, in your college town and on campus by implementing digital and in-person marketing strategies.* You’ll be a tastemaker in your market by working with local businesses, record stores, DJs, promoters, campus organizations, etc. You’ll be in charge of hosting listening events*, organizing campus activations*, and creating digital content for social media that directly supports The Orchard’s artists. Your focus will be on new releases and tour support for artists covering a wide range of genres. You’ll gain first hand music industry experience and be on the forefront of upcoming artists and new music.
- Organically create awareness of The Orchard’s artists by liaising with and building relationships with influencers in your markets such as: your college radio station, DJs, student organizations, college newspaper and local sites to exploit all opportunities for exposure such as reviews, radio plays, and interviews
- Maintain a local social media presence that promotes the artists you’ll be working with, utilizing a mix of digital assets that are supplied to you and creating your own content to support The Orchard’s artists
- Implement in-person marketing initiatives at record stores, lifestyle shops, and on campus*
- Research appropriate online sites, forums, and networks for the key 18-24yr old demographic for each artist
- Research & attend local and campus events that will best facilitate the promotion of our artists*
- Attend our artists’ shows to hand out promotional tools and get feedback from fans*
- Submit a detailed report on your marketing successes and initiatives for each campaign you run
- You will gain real world music industry experience that will be a great addition to your resume
- You have the opportunity to express your creativity through your locally run social channels, in our team brainstorms, and in your concert/album reviews
- You’ll have access to inside information that will improve your marketing outreach
- You’ll receive free ticket(s) into our artists’ shows & possible meet and greet passes*
- You’ll build valuable relationships within your local music industry
- + many more!
Who you are:
- You are an Undergraduate Student currently enrolled in a 4 year university in Boston with a minimum of 2 years left prior to graduation
- You are able to manage your own hours and be accountable for the work assigned to you
- You have a passion for music, an understanding of how your peers discover and consume music, and a deep interest in music business & marketing
- You have an understanding of social media marketing and an active presence on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook – TikTok a plus
- You have availability of 20 hours per week
- You’re well-written, well-spoken, a team player, and an excellent communicator
- You have transportation methods and live within 30 minutes of Boston
- You have a flexible schedule for team conference calls and tour coverage
*The Orchard is following COVID-19 guidelines and all in-person marketing initiatives are on hold until further notice.