We are seeking talented, innovative marketing and social media interns who would like to gain invaluable experience working in independent media start up in Washington DC. We’re looking for enthusiastic student minds to help us grow, move faster, and achieve more.
By working with us, you’ll pick up some of the most in-demand marketing skills: you’ll learn how to leverage data-driven experimentation, write quality content that generates engagement, SEO principles for driving traffic from Google, and more.
Responsibilities may include copywriting, content creation, advertising and marketing, research, data analysis, building community and identifying student influencers to join our student ambassador program.
You should be creative and an outside-the-box thinker.
We are based in Washington DC, but due to Covid19 this is a remote position. This internship is unpaid. College credit provided to you, if eligible
Interns work 20 hours per week under the supervision of a staff member in the office to which they are assigned.
What you’ll need:
- Great communication skills
- Interest in journalism and media
- Strong writing and grammar skills
- Ability to multi-task
- Extensive knowledge of major social media platforms including Instagram, LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
- Connect with like-minded students from all over the world
- Assisting with planning and producing marketing campaigns across different channels and platforms
- Drafting copy for graphics, tweets, share text, etc
- Providing general office support (processing, drafting and finalizing correspondence and other communications; setting up and maintaining files/records, organizing meetings, etc.)
- Content creation for various social media platforms
- Compile and maintain press lists for digital PR, marketing PR, and multicultural PR initiatives
Please submit your cover letter and resume