We are looking for an Analyst, Accounts Payable who will join our Hawthorne team in.
Perform daily accounts payable functions of handling electronic and paper invoices which are scanned and directed to xSuite, the A/P workflow tool. Monitor for discrepancies and exercise good judgment on the course of action needed to resolve issues.
Support a high volume of internal and external inquiries, resolve receipt issues and meet payment terms, pursue credits owed and ensure total accuracy.
What you’ll do in this role:
- Perform 2 and 3-way matching, parking/posting of invoices, and obtaining appropriate approvals for a daily average of 120 invoices within xSuite/SAP entry workflows. This includes multiple types of invoices (Direct Goods, Indirect Services, Freight, Utilities and Finished Goods) where effective communication with various teams is essential.
- Execute supplier statement reconciliations ensuring all liabilities are recorded and discrepancies are corrected.
- Engage in verbal and written communication with suppliers to resolve upcoming or past due liabilities.
- Monitor and audit parked documents, finalizing posting and agreed terms are being satisfied according to the purchasing contract.
- Participate in and execute special projects in areas such as metric reporting, vendor master and supplier questions, audit requests, Sarbanes-Oxley requirements, and other projects as assigned.
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Drive continuous improvement by examining existing processes and technologies. Work with cross functional teams on the development of solutions in the areas of supplier invoice submission/entry, invoice to receipt reconciliation process, and supplier statement agreements. Identify, analyze and work with appropriate parties to resolve system or process issues.
- Strong emphasis on effectively working with internal business partners to include Procurement, Supply Chain, Manufacturing sites, Finance teams, and other A/P associates. Must be a team player that can resolve invoice issues and ensure processes are being executed in an accurate and timely manner.
- Balance the execution of a large number of incoming daily invoices and meeting scheduled payment terms while providing a high level of customer service
What we do for you (just to list a few cool ones):
- Offer extremely competitive benefits including Health, Dental and Vision coverage.
- 401K match (up to 7.5%) and discounted stock purchasing program (15% discount).
- 13 paid holidays and a generous vacation policy.
- Nutrition reimbursement program (up to $200 per associate and per spouse)
- Our commitment to diversity and inclusion includes employee resource groups: Scotts Women’s Network, Scotts Black Employee Network, Scotts Veterans Network, GroPride Network, Scotts Associates for a Greener Earth (SAGE), and Scotts Young Professionals.