We’re looking for a Marketing Partnerships & PR Intern who will join our Integrated Planning and Social Media team.
This position may be based remotely or at The Scotts Miracle-Gro world headquarters in Marysville, a suburb of Columbus, OH. Not familiar with Columbus? Visit columbusregion.com/columbus-2020/.
Our internship program is designed to cultivate the professional growth of students through a dynamic work environment. Over the course of 12 weeks you will work on meaningful projects and have opportunities to learn from industry leaders. We are committed to your development but will also rely on you to bring new knowledge, new ideas, and innovation into our organization.
Scotts Miracle-Gro is searching for a curious and passionate Marketing Partnerships & PR intern to grow with us, as we create integrated marketing campaigns that tap into consumer interests, span multiple channels, and leverage emerging media. This internship position will allow you to work closely with other members of the Marketing Services team, providing exposure to many different facets of the business.
What you’ll do in this role:
- Support the day-to-day execution of a wide range of marketing partnerships, including those with influencers, media publishers, sports leagues, and content creators
- Develop internal communications, status documents and program recaps
- Research industry trends, best practices, and case studies
- Develop a library of historical SMG partnerships as a critical reference document for future planning
- Circulate PR reports to internal stakeholders
- Participate in various marketing planning and brainstorming sessions
- Attend meetings with internal stakeholders and partner agencies
- Brainstorm new partnership and/or PR ideas that achieve business or campaign goals
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Be enrolled in an accredited college, university or trade school.
- Possess strong analytical and leadership skills.
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication.
- Prioritize collaboration and problem solving.
- Manage multiple tasks and be detail-oriented.
- Passion for the digital marketing landscape, including social media and content.
- Have prior internship experience (preferred but not required).
COME GROW WITH US, WHERE THE GRASS REALLY IS GREENER!