We’re looking for a Social Media Intern who will join our Integrated Planning and Social Media team. team.
This position may be based remotely or at The Scotts Miracle-Gro world headquarters in Marysville, a suburb of Columbus, OH. Not familiar with Columbus? Visit columbusregion.com/columbus-2020/.
Our internship program is designed to cultivate the professional growth of students through a dynamic work environment. Over the course of 12 weeks you will work on meaningful projects and have opportunities to learn from industry leaders. We are committed to your development but will also rely on you to bring new knowledge, new ideas, and innovation into our organization.
Scotts Miracle-Gro is searching for a curious and passionate social media intern to grow with us, as we create and build engaged social media communities and industry-leading integrated digital campaigns. This internship position will allow you to work closely with other members of the Marketing Services team, providing exposure to many different facets of the business.
What you’ll do in this role:
- Perform audits and review case studies relating to social media, content, and digital channels at large to surface findings and insights relevant to our category and business goals
- Pull and present social listening reports to get an understanding of the sentiment and landscape around our category, competitors, and consumers
- Work with our Social Media Analysts to create social campaign measurement reports to share findings with the team
- Research competitor trends across social and digital channels
- Update the team on the evolving social landscape and relevant trends
- Support research, implementation, and management of influencer campaigns
- Participate in social media strategy planning and implementation sessions
- Attend meetings and reviews with internal stakeholders and partner creative agencies
- Work closely with our Social Media Analysts to build organic social content briefs to then be presented to the internal creative team for content development
- Brainstorm social content ideas that achieve business or campaign goals
- Assist in content calendar implementation and publishing across social media platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, YouTube and Twitter
- Engage daily with consumers across social channels, partnering with the Social Analyst and our consumer service team
What you’ll need to be successful:
- Be enrolled in an accredited college, university or trade school.
- Possess strong analytical and leadership skills.
- Demonstrate strong written and verbal communication.
- Prioritize collaboration and problem solving.
- Manage multiple tasks and be detail-oriented.
- Passion for the digital marketing landscape, including social media and content.
- Have prior internship experience (preferred but not required).
COME GROW WITH US, WHERE THE GRASS REALLY IS GREENER!