ABOUT THE POSITION:
The Warnath Group (WG) implements several U.S. government-funded grants to deliver training and technical assistance for anti-human trafficking capacity building around the world. The volunteer intern will support these efforts by assisting WG staff with various research and administrative tasks. The intern will have an opportunity to learn about anti-human trafficking efforts around the world and project implementation and to contribute to these efforts in meaningful ways.
This is an unpaid volunteer internship.
The internship will begin in January and end in May. The position requires approximately 5-10 hours of work per week. We will establish a specific work schedule that is mutually beneficial.
The intern will work remotely due to COVID-19 restrictions. The intern will have regular virtual meetings and opportunities to work with members of the Warnath Group team online.
If the intern would like to submit the work done on this project for academic credit, arrangements must be made with your school program and The Warnath Group before starting the internship, including meeting any mandatory time requirements.
The intern will:
- Undertake research tasks related to efforts supporting child victims of trafficking, child protection, and the use of child-friendly spaces in different contexts
- Collate and summarize materials on child-friendly spaces and child-friendly practices
- Attend webinars and virtual trainings related to child protection and submit written reports summarizing the information provided
- Gather and analyze policy documents, guidelines, and standard operating procedures related to child-friendly spaces and child protection
- Provide design assistance in WordPress for the website childfriendlyspaces.com
- Current university student interested in social work, criminal justice, international affairs, and/or law and policy
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Desire to learn about human trafficking and develop research skills
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION:
The Warnath Group is a unique boutique global advisory firm. We specialize in providing global tailored, skill-based training and advisory services to governments and professionals worldwide on human trafficking-related laws, standards, and best practices. We serve as a primary source for drafting, interpretation, and application of human trafficking laws & policies globally. Additionally, we offer a suite of specialist services centering on training and advisory services on human trafficking, international women’s economic empowerment and emerging human rights and rule of law issues for corporations and foundations.
Warnath Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We value diversity in cultures, perspectives, and experiences on our team.