Job Title: Sr. Software Engineer, Algorithms
Requisition ID: 162028BR
When you’re part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do important work, like helping customers in finding cures for cancer, protecting the environment or making sure our food is safe. Your work will have real-world impact, and you’ll be supported in achieving your career goals.
Location/Division Specific Information:
5225 Verona Road, Madison WI
What will you do?
· Collaborate with your team to plan and complete software features for new scientific software products
· Use your knowledge of the latest technologies in algorithm development to provide solutions to complex customer problems
· Collaborate with Advanced Technology team to bring innovative ideas to market
· Adhere to software development practices for code design, development, test and release
How will you get here?
· BA/BS level technical degree of equivalent experience; Computer Science, Mathematics or Engineering background Required; and 5+ years of software development or application engineering with recent coding experience
· MS level technical degree or equivalent experience; Computer Science, Mathematics or Engineering background preferred; and 2+ years of software development or application engineering with recent coding experience
· Ph.D level technical degree or equivalent experience without work experience can be considered
· Exposure to Agile development methodologies
· Strong written and verbal communications skills
· Ability to interpret, refine and visualize data to support problem solving
· Ability to identify and create algorithmic solutions to customer and product problems
· Familiar with machine learning
· Proficient with algorithm development for parallel processing
· Familiar with spectroscopy applications is a plus
· Desire and ability to work in a software team that is part of a multi-disciplinary development effort
At Thermo Fisher Scientific, each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. Join us and contribute to our singular mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer.
Apply today! http://jobs.thermofisher.com
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.