Thinktown New York is seeking motivated Editing Specialists to work on a part-time basis. This is a remote, independent contractor position. The responsibilities of an Editing Specialist include, but are not limited to:
· Editing college application materials and providing tailored guidance for students, helping them develop compelling narratives
· Offering feedback in terms of both form and content on application essays and academic assignments, working with students to improve their writing skills over time
· Corresponding with an international team of colleagues via online platforms in order to deliver optimal client services
· Upcoming or recent graduate of top US College or University with a minimum GPA of 3.5
· Experience editing academic assignments, application essays, and/or résumés
· Critical thinking, creativity, and problem-solving skills
· Ability to provide quality, actionable feedback for students’ written works
· Flexibility and ability to work under tight deadlines
· Experience tutoring or teaching, especially in writing or humanities
· Experience working with students who are English Language Learners (ELL/ESL)
· Familiarity with the application process to U.S. Colleges and Universities
Anticipated start date: July 2021.
Ideal contract commitment: Through January 2022
To apply for this position, please click the link here and fill out the required information. The application requires a résumé and cover letter. You may also submit a creative or academic writing sample to showcase your work. Should you have any questions or concerns, please contact us at email@example.com.
Thinktown New York is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive and supportive environment for all employees.
Thinktown Education is one of the largest educational consulting firms in China with over 600 full-time employees providing advanced test preparation, professional academic instruction, and college counseling services to students pursuing international education. Thinktown serves over 3,000 families every year, holding offices in Hangzhou, Shanghai, Shenzhen, Beijing, and New York City.
Our vision is to become one of the world’s leading educational organizations, providing educational consulting services to students from all over the world. In the coming years, we are positioning to expand the U.S. team and transform the New York City office into a vital component of Thinktown’s global network, closely collaborating with offices in diverse geographic locations.