Do you believe that everyone deserves access to affordable, quality healthcare? Are you driven by creativity, bold ideas, and disruptive innovation? Are you inspired by exceptionally talented, diverse, impact-oriented colleagues? Do you thrive in a dynamic, high-growth, fast-paced environment? Most importantly, are you fed-up with the status quo of foreign assistance in the health sector? Then consider a job with ThinkWell.
We are seeking an analyst to provide support to ThinkWell’s immunization economics work initially, and other health economics and health financing work in the future. This role requires exceptional quantitative skills, strong research capacity, the ability to effectively synthesize and visualize findings, translate messages for various audiences, and provide management and coordination support.
The Program Analyst reports to the Program Manager. The location for the position is flexible. This is a full-time position, starting as soon as possible.
Research & Project Implementation
- Support the design and implementation of immunization costing studies, including the development of data collection instruments for primary data collection, data review, cleaning and analysis;
- Conduct quantitative data analysis across a range of subjects, such as health expenditures, financial forecasting, benefit incidence analysis, and cost-effectiveness;
- Support the development of costing, budgeting and allocation tools for health tailored to specific country contexts and target audiences;
- Support the design and implementation of health financing mechanisms such as health insurance and performance-based financing;
- Source data and information on relevant technical and policy issues and effectively summarize findings.
- Produce high quality written reports and presentations, including technical documents, project status reports, policy briefs, and publications for conferences and journals;
- Create graphics and visualizations of quantitative and qualitative data.
Project Reporting and Representation
- Draft or revise sections of donor reports and coordinate team member input;
- Occasionally represent ThinkWell with external partners, donors or stakeholders at meetings and events.
Project Administration and Operations
- Contribute to business development, including desk research, technical input, and proposal and concept note writing;
- Assist with a range of project administrative and operational responsibilities, including staff recruitment and training, communications, organizing meetings and workshops, coordinating travel, and drafting donor correspondence.
ThinkWell core values are our fundamental organizational guiding principles. They define our corporate culture, influence our behavior at work and help us achieve our mission. Our values are:
Influence the conversation
Evolve by learning
ThinkWell core competencies are foundational skills and behaviors that align with our values and are expected of all employees.
An entrepreneurial, results-oriented ‘do-er’ with a willingness to take risk, think big and challenge conventional wisdom.
A change maker who reaches independent judgement with an open mind, influences the conversation, and seeks innovation.
Able to help create an empowering environment in which everyone feels free to take initiative, be accountable and fail intelligently (learn from mistakes).
A collaborative colleague who engages constructively with people from different cultures, orientations, and perspectives and maintains positive relations in a virtual world.
Principally motivated by a growth mindset, meaning the pursuit of knowledge, experience, and self-improvement. You always question and continuously learn.
Authentic, honest, direct, self-aware and open to giving and receiving feedback.
- BA/BS and 5+ years experience or graduate degree and 3+ years experience in (health) economics, healthcare management, global health, health policy or related field;
- Relevant work experience in a management consulting firm, bilateral or multilateral development agency, and/or international NGO, preferably with some experience in low- or middle-income countries;
- Advanced proficiency in Excel required; proficiency in statistical analysis packages (e.g. STATA) is highly desirable;
- Exceptional analytical, research and problem solving capabilities;
- A thoughtful systems thinker with grounded, pragmatic understanding of the complexities of our work;
- Tech savvy and skilled at visual display of data;
- Demonstrated poise and professionalism in engaging with external partners, donors, and stakeholders;
- Full English fluency, second language a plus;
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to relate respectfully with staff at all levels, ages, genders, nationalities and orientations as well as across work areas;
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 25%.