MUST BE US CITIZEN. SELECTED CANDIDATES WITHOUT REQUIRED CLEARANCE WILL BE SUBJECT TO A FEDERAL GOVERNMENT BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION.
The main function of a software developer is to develop and design web applications and software. Specifically, a Software Developer is required to perform Java Development in the Development of RESTful Web Services. Provides contributions and direction in the development and/or modification of computer-based scientific, technical, and business software systems.
• Uses expertise to design develop, code, test, and debug software.
• Works with users to define existing or new system scope and objectives.
• Provides analytical support and technical advice during the conceptualization, development, and implementation phases.
• Reviews and evaluates systems and software for adherence to government or commercial directives, standards, guidelines, and criteria concerning software safety and systems safety.
• Confirms design mitigations are captured in the design and its documentation and verifies implementation.
• May perform as a project lead with the responsibility for the instruction, assigning, direction, and monitoring of the performance of assigned systems developers / analyst working on a specific project.
• Basic design, build or maintenance of software, using authoring or scripting languages, content creation tools, management tools and digital media.
• Identify problems uncovered by testing or customer feedback and correct problems.
• Evaluate code to ensure it is valid, meets industry standards and is compatible with devices or operation systems.
· Java Development
• Development of RESTful Web Services
• Experience in authoring and managing service contracts
• Networking experience to troubleshoot and isolate REST Messaging issues
• Experience building SQL statement for Creating, Updating, Reading, and Deleting Relational database records
• Experience in leveraging automated tools to test RESTful services
• Experience in using Java frameworks such as Spring and Hibernate
• Experience with leveraging AWS services: KMS, S3, EBS, Elastic File System, SQS, SNS
• AWS Lambda function experience is a plus!
• Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent training required.
• A minimum of 2 years’ experience required (including internship experience)