Police Officer Trainee
Law Enforcement Services
Under general supervision, performs general-duty police work in the protection of life and property, the prevention of crime, the apprehension of criminal suspects, and the general enforcement of laws and ordinances in a designated area on an assigned shift. Reports to a Police Sergeant or officer of higher rank.
Minimum Training and Experience
**An Associate’s Degree or equivalent (i.e. 60 credits) from an accredited college/university, OR two (2) years of service in the U.S. military with an Honorable Discharge.
PLEASE DO NOT COMPLETE THE APPLICATION UNTIL YOU HAVE TAKEN AND PASSED THE CJBAT, SWIM, AND AGILITY TESTS.
TESTING MUST BE COMPLETED AT BROWARD COLLEGE CRIMINAL JUSTICE TESTING CENTER, PLEASE CONTACT (954) 201-6790 OR
(954) 201-6931 FOR MORE INFORMATION**
The selection process will include successfully meeting the minimum requirements of each of the following: an oral assessment, psychological examination(s), deception indicator examination, background investigation, Chief’s interview(s) and a medical examination which includes a drug screening test and physical examination.
All applicants must:
- be nineteen (19) years of age at time of application;
- be a citizen or a naturalized citizen of the United States at the time of application;
- be of good moral character as defined by Florida Administrative Code 11B-27;
- possess an Associate’s Degree or equivalent (i.e. 60 credits) from an accredited college/university, OR two (2) years of service in the U.S. Armed Forces with an honorable discharge;
- have the ability to possess a valid Florida Driver’s License by time of employment;
- have passed the C.J.B.A.T (Criminal Justice Basic Abilities Test) exam (valid for four (4) years);
- have passed the Basic Motor Skills test (valid for six (6) months);
- have passed the Swim Test (valid indefinitely);
- have no felony convictions;
- Not have visible tattoos above the collarbone on the neck, face, head, scalp, or on the hands or feet. Tattoos that are deemed to be excessive shall be covered with the appropriate uniform or attire;
- have not been dishonorably discharged from the military;
- have not used any tobacco products within six (6) months of the date of this application.
Salary while attending the Police Academy & prior to certification: $24.14/hr
Salary upon graduating the police academy and passing the FDLE certification exam: