Start Date: Immediate
Role Type: Full-time employee
Location: Flexible — Fully remote/virtual team
Travel: Willingness to travel up to 20% when safe to do so
Who We Are
Transcend’s mission is to support communities to create and spread extraordinary, equitable learning environments. Founded in 2015, Transcend has partnered with over 200 schools and 50 systems which collectively serve nearly 500,000 students in 30 states across the country. As a research and development (R&D) hub for the education field, Transcend provides schools and systems with research-backed, community-driven models and capacity so they can make significant leaps to reimagine the future of education. Transcend is a nonprofit that operates with a fully remote, nationwide team.
At Transcend, we work with communities around the country who have high aspirations for their children’s learning and want support getting to their vision. We support their vision through a data-grounded approach so that we can design better, more equitable schools so that all young people can thrive. This requires us to use evidence to innovate and continuously improve. Evidence includes insights from students’ and community members’ lived experiences, academic research, quantitative data, learnings from piloting, etc. As an Analyst within the School Design Services team, you will be instrumental in supporting our partner schools to achieve their visions and to create lasting, positive, transformational change in their school communities.
In this role, you will get to:
- Develop data-gathering tools for the team and train teammates on how to use them.
- Clean, disaggregate, and analyze data; and present it in such a way that it can be clearly understood and inspires others to take action.
- Conduct qualitative data analysis and synthesis, using various sources of information, including focus groups, interviews, and research.
- Examine trends across schools, to surface salient insights to inform strategy.
- Compile and organize project-level data on schools, teachers, and students.
- Create and update trackers and dashboards, to help the team track and measure progress.
- Provide, as needed, 1:1 coaching support on data analysis, best practices, and recommendations.
Examples of the types of analysis, synthesis, and reporting you get to do this role:
- Conduct qualitative analysis of student surveys, synthesizing results so that school partners can better understand student feedback, needs, and ideas as they craft new graduate aims for their students.
- Clean, disaggregate, analyze and synthesize student academic data for a cohort of schools implementing a blended learning model.
The Analyst role will directly contribute to the success of these projects in the upcoming year:
Texas Schools: Design + Implementation
Transcend is partnering with upwards of 50 schools next year across the state of Texas to design and implement more innovative, effective, and equitable schools for learners across the state. These new model designs include blended learning, elements to promote mental health and social resilience, high dosage tutoring, and an extended school year. Project Lead, Diego, on why he does this work!
Whole Child Model: Design + Spread
The Whole Child work is rooted in the understanding that children’s academic success is inextricably linked to their overall well-being, and in the belief that we can—and must—attend to the development of the whole child while also achieving excellence in academics. Project Lead, Sarah, on her work at Transcend!
This role reports to Danielle Veal, Partner, Learning Engineer.
To see more of the role in action, check out the sample day in the life.
Who You Are
You have a quantitative mind, and want to use your love of asking questions and passion for data and analysis to bring about positive change for learners nationwide. You love helping others see the power in data and find ways to serve as a data translator for others. You have a way of getting them as excited and curious about their data as you are and you value the importance of making meaning with others from various perspectives. Additionally, you find joy in building data-collection tools, gathering insights, and using them to take action.
Lastly, you love that your everyday work is in service to a mission that matters. You believe deeply in the power of education to change lives and elevate voices that have been marginalized for too long and can’t wait to contribute your love of data analysis to help communities make radical changes to reinvent schools in America.
To all of this, you bring:
- A commitment to Transcend’s mission of transforming education, with a passion for creating extraordinary and equitable learning environments
- A commitment to advancing diversity, equity, inclusion in your approach to data collection and analysis.
- A willingness to travel up to 20% of the time to represent Transcend at events and visit partners when it is safe to do so.
- Eagerness to embrace and live into Transcend’s core values.
Perks and Benefits
Transcend is committed to providing our colleagues with a competitive benefits package. Transcend offers medical, dental, and vision coverage options, org-wide holidays, paid time off, paid parental leave, professional development opportunities, and fully remote work. We’re also proud of our values-grounded, equity-focused, and fun(!) work environment, incredible colleagues, and a dedication to our work and each other.
Transcend is an equal opportunity employer. We are building a diverse team that values diversity, equity, and inclusion, and we encourage candidates from historically underrepresented groups to apply.