Transformative Technology is a 501(c)3 nonprofit whose mission is to bring 1 billion people into a state of fundamental wellbeing by 2030 through the aggregated impact of this global community. We exist to educate, gather, and activate passionate people committed to building the next generation of transformative technologies that will redefine wellbeing for the next decade. We are the only global platform that connects founders with the resources and tools to succeed in bringing Wellbeing Tech to life, with members in 72 countries and 450 cities.
Transformative Technology is currently looking to recruit passionate and bright students to join our research team led by Nichol Bradford, co-founder, and publisher of Transformative Technology. This research team seeks to gather people who are excited and enthusiastic about redefining human wellbeing through technology.
As a part of this team, interns will each be given their own project to deep dive into how technology (i.e. Artificial Intelligence, AR/VR, BioTech, etc.) is currently being used or could be used towards accelerating human wellbeing (i.e. mental, social, physical, emotional, human performance) in the future. This role would be similar to how a Thought Leader would seek to understand a niche topic within the landscape of wellbeing technologies. The tasks and responsibilities involved would include researching trends, scientifically validated tools, startups, investors, and more within a chosen topic. Interns will be given the autonomy and opportunity to cover a unique sector of Transformative Tech that they are personally passionate about and interested in, with the goal of creating a State of the Sector report and content based on their research.
Our initial research topic will be the Future of Work and Wellbeing. However, we will also be expanding to other wellbeing topics in the near future, so please do reach out if you are interested in researching other topics as well.
This position will be most valuable and meaningful for individuals looking to become a founder, investor, or researcher in the field of Wellbeing Tech. This opportunity will allow you to follow your own curiosity and meaningfully contribute to the mission of transforming global wellbeing by shaping our research focus.
Each team member will focus on deep diving into one topic that is among the next frontiers of the mission to accelerate human wellbeing through:
- Interviewing founders, researchers, and investors in the Wellbeing Technology space
- Tracking notable founders investors, scientists, and companies in Transformative Tech
- Analyzing research reports and scientific papers to identify and summarize trends and opportunities
- Analyzing the gaps in the current focus area and opportunities for the future
Examples of the type of companies you will get to interact with include:
- NeuroTech companies such as Muse (immersive meditation device utilizing neurofeedback), Intheon (world’s first neurotechnology middleware platform), and more
- Muse is an immersive meditation device that utilizes EEG ot provide real-time feedback on your mental activity, heart rate, breathing, and body movements to help you build a consistent meditation practice.
- BioTech companies such as Oura (personal health tracking device), Epicore Biosystems (proprietary sweat microfluidic sensing platform)
- Oura is one of the top personalized health-tracking devices that helps users track their capacity to perform, sleep quality and activity levels.
- Social Robotics companies such as Moxie (revolutionary robot companion for children)
- Moxie is a revolutionary robot companion for children that supports social, emotional, and cognitive development through play-based learning.
- Future of Work companies such as Skillprint, TRIPP, and Perfometric
- TRIPP is the award-winning leader in XR wellness, offering clinically validated, measurable XR and mobile experiences designed for mind-body health.
- Performatric is a real-time monitoring system to track and manage mental fatigue in a non-invasive and non-intrusive way.
- And more companies utilizing examples of tech listed to improve human wellbeing, such as Artificial Intelligence, AR/VR, Digital Therapy, Healthy Spaces Tech, Wearables, and more.
Additionally, this position will also help support the personal and career development of interns through:
- General coaching
- Community workshops with other interns
- Intern-only events with a select founder, researcher, or investor in the Wellbeing Tech space
- Opportunities to build relationships and interview fascinating founders, researchers, and investors
- Unique insight into the world of investing and entrepreneurship in Transformative Tech
Strong candidates will demonstrate:
- A motivation and ability to self-organize and self-manage projects
- Deep curiosity and passion for understanding how to improve human wellbeing
- Interest in the science of wellbeing
- Compensation available through the federal work study program for qualifying students
- Full-time and part-time internships available throughout the fall, spring, and summer periods
- Work will be remote with frequent video conference meetings
- Our team provides scholarships through a partnership with your university’s work-study program and also volunteer positions
The pandemic has not only brought to light but accelerated our global awareness of the need to address our wellbeing today. Additionally, moments of disruption like the one we are in right now highlight how we need a next generation of humans that can go beyond maintaining the status quo by rethinking what it is we need to focus on and how we can do so. This internship aims to help develop our next generation of individuals who can lead and reimagine our fundamental state of global wellbeing.