Note: By applying to this position, your application is automatically submitted to our Summer Internship Program openings in over 140 locations throughout the U.S
TRC Companies, Inc., a pioneer in groundbreaking scientific and engineering developments since the 1960’s, is a national engineering, environmental, and technology consulting firm that provides integrated services to the energy, environmental, and infrastructure markets. TRC serves a broad range of clients in industry and government, implementing complex projects from initial concept to delivery and operation. TRC is privately owned by New Mountain Capital (“NMC”) who is a New York based private equity firm with over $25B in assets under management.
TRC is seeking a highly motivated Corporate Development Intern for fall 2021/spring 2022, as part of TRC Mergers & Acquisitions (“M&A”) strategy. This is a paid part-time position. Anticipated duration will be from September 2021 through May 2022 (flexible). This position has the potential to transition into a Full-Time role. Corporate Development Interns can expect to work closely with the Corporate Development team with exposure to the senior leadership team, operational leaders, and New Mountain Capital. The successful candidate will work under the supervision of the Director, Corporate Development under the leadership of the SVP, Corporate Development. The position will primarily be responsible for financial, operational and market analysis, detailed financial modeling and valuation analysis, researching and developing M&A target profiles, compilation and maintenance of due diligence materials, and preparation of due diligence findings/recommendations.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Drive and maintain the M&A target pipeline process to accelerate acquisition strategy, including researching potential targets and industry trends using public and private sources of data
- Analyze target companies and industries and prepare competitive analysis and conduct initial due diligence efforts
- Build financial analysis and integrated valuation models for various situations, including acquisitions, strategic investments and disposition of assets
- Support financial and valuation modeling and analysis (including discounted cash flows, market multiple valuation, accretion/dilution, investment returns, synergy pro formas, quality of earnings analysis and sensitivity analysis) for acquisition transactions and other internal initiatives
- Will be supported by leaders, mentors and teammates and have access to Senior Leadership team and New Mountain Capital team
- Perform other related duties and responsibilities as necessary