Coding 101 is a two-week summer intensive program for high school students through the Tufts Pre-College Programs. Coding 101 is strategically designed to be suitable for students of all skill levels who have an interest in computer science/python, whether they’re advanced and looking to take their coding to the next level, or someone who has never coded before. Students in the program take daily virtual classes supplemented with skills-building modules on specialized skills like Data Analysis and Security, Human Computer Interaction, and Computer Aided Art.
Students will work together to develop programming skills in python. They will take the skills they acquire in the virtual classroom and, collaborating with a team, will pitch a new app to a panel of experts at the program’s close. Students will also have the opportunity to explore potential coding careers through virtual “Tech Treks” of Boston area companies, and will receive 2 Tufts credits for their participation in the program.
Due to the global pandemic, Coding 101 and other Pre-College programs will take place virtually during Summer 2021.
Classroom Assistant Responsibilities:
- Currently an undergraduate student majoring in Computer Science, or its program equivalent
- Strong academic performances in Computer Science / coding related courses
- Available during CA hours to assist students with course work and app development (please note: some CAs will need later or earlier ‘office hours’ in order to be available for students in different time zones)
- Must have knowledge of Python (must stay updated on course curriculum/topics)
- Other duties as needed, such as attending opening and closing events
The total compensation amount for this position at program close will be $1250.00.