The Center for Information and Research on Civic Learning & Engagement (CIRCLE) at the Jonathan M. Tisch College of Civic Life at Tufts University is seeking multiple Data Associates to contribute to an analysis of voter registration activity around the country. This project provides insight into the scale of voter registration, trends, and best practices for improving efficacy of voter registration programs.
This position will entail up to five weeks of flexible independent work.
· This associate will be taking on a data project to reconcile program data and voter registration data. This entails:
· Database searches to find voter file records that correspond with data from attempted registrations.
· Data entry based on the results of the queries.
· Follow protocol defined by the project staff, implemented on an independent basis.
Qualifications & Requirements:
· Availability for five weeks during the projected timeframe of August to mid-September.
· Experience using MS Excel.
· Attention to detail and problem-solving skills.
· Have access to a computer with MS Excel to be used for this project.
· Have access to a computer to be used for this project.
· Access to phone and internet.
· Experience using the NGP-VAN voter database is helpful, but not required.