The School of the Museum of Fine Arts at Tufts University is seeking a Pre-College Program Director to assist in managing our 1-week SMFA Design Bootcamp summer program for high schoolers. This virtual program will invite students entering grades 10-12 or class of 2021 graduates to explore the field of graphic design and learn the creative process from renowned art school faculty.
The program will take place from Sunday, August 1st to Friday, August 6th, 2021. The position will have a total compensation rate of $2,000.
Design Bootcamp Program Director
- Experience/familiarity with graphic design and Adobe Creative Cloud
- Background in arts education
- Experience designing or implementing curriculum
- Experience with program management
- Bachelor’s degree
- Experience designing online curriculum
- Experience working with high school students
Program Director Responsibilities
Pre-Program (Ongoing minimal hours, January 2021-July 2021)
- Curriculum and Programming
- Acts as subject matter expert to collaborate with instructor to set the scope and breadth of curriculum
- Collaborate with instructor on setting daily schedule and activities
- Sectioning students into groups/sessions where necessary
- Preparing and directing orientation
- Aid in review and approval of marketing materials/assets; social media posts, emails, digital ads, website content
In-Program (August 1st – August 6th, 2021)
- Serve as a point of contact for students with questions about programming, access, technical needs etc.
- Lead orientation
- Prepare and orchestrate final celebration virtual event
- Serve as point of contact for any virtual artist talks, or design experiences for student engagement
- Attend lectures and program events as a backup for any questions or concerns that come up as the programming progresses