The Tufts Pre-College team is currently seeking a Program Director to assist in managing our 6-week Tufts Summer Research Experience. Our virtual program in Summer 2021 will welcome high school juniors and seniors to an exciting virtual summer research experience under active Tufts’ world-class researchers and their teams. Throughout this program, students will learn the foundational skills required to conduct scientific research and basic lab techniques while working on real, cutting edge research.
The Tufts Summer Research Experience will take place from July 5th to August 13th, 2021. This position will have a total compensation rate of $3,000.
As a Program Director, your duties include, but are not limited to:
- Admissions: along with TA, review applications, correspond with applicants regarding incorrect information / errors, manage faculty application review process, post admission letters, follow-up with students regarding lab placement, administer lab changes (if necessary)
- Marketing: review of marketing materials provided by Director of Marketing, website update suggestions, personal outreach (email and phone calls) to leads and applicants, helps develop social media posts and reposts relevant content, writes updates to parents and students during the program
- Identifies program staff / planning hours: confirms virtual guest speakers, confirms virtual library time, supports recruitment and hiring of TAs (as demanded by the program), identifies the mentors in each lab, passes hiring information to the Pre-College team
- Program Materials Prep: places students into TA groups, sets-up CANVAS, zoom sessions, other resources as needed
- Program Planning: plan afternoon sessions and speaker series, as well as any virtual opening and closing activities, including virtual poster presentations; see example schedule.
- Be present as a point of contact for the program duration
- Handles all communication with students and families throughout the program, as well as during critical program hours
- Ensures all necessary trainings are properly scheduled
- Virtual afternoon sessions: develops and runs afternoon sessions with full oversight during program hours; liaises with staff, faculty and guest speakers who are participating in the sessions
- Virtual poster session: Oversees planning for and development of student poster presentations
- Orientation / Closing: develops and participates in virtual opening day and closing day activities, including virtual poster presentations
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and customer service skills
- Adept prioritization abilities and navigation of tight deadlines
- Proficiency and previous experience with Microsoft Office Suite strongly preferred
- Previous experience in research and/or program management preferred