Have you ever wondered what happens to the responses you submit on the surveys you receive as a Tufts student? Are you curious as to what is done with these responses? If so, the Office of Institutional Research (OIR) is the place for you! We have openings for Research Assistants for the 2021-2022 academic year. As a Research Assistant you will have a behind the scenes look at survey data and gain hands on experience working with OIR Research Analysts and Directors.
This position is remote. Training is provided by OIR. Shifts need to occur within the hours of 9:00-5:00 EST.
Work includes qualitative analysis and categorizing of open-ended survey responses, data cleaning and coding, data checking, report formatting, some quantitative data analysis, and office projects as needed.
· Full-time matriculated undergraduate student having completed at least 1 semester of study
· Available to work (remotely) 5-8 hours/week through May 2022 with an opportunity to continue during the summer.
· Ability to categorize qualitative/text data into themes
· Excellent attention to detail
· Critical thinking and problem-solving skills
· Ability to work independently, ask questions and take initiative
· Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
· Strong organizational and time management skills
· Ability to multi-task and be flexible
· Familiarity with SPSS statistical software
Familiarity with NVivo or other qualitative analysis tools
– Familiarity with Qualtrics or other survey software
– Familiarity with key concepts in survey research and survey design
– Familiarity with SPSS or other statistical software
– Strong data analysis skills
– Familiarity with HTML or website design
Please submit the following to Lynne Freeman at email@example.com:
1. Current resume
2. A cover letter describing your qualifications for the job and why you are interested in this position
3. Availability: days and hours and the date you can begin work
4. Desired number of hours per week