Join Tufts’ newest school – University College – in support of our Continuing and Professional Education team. University College acts as the entrepreneurial arm of the University, a start-up-like venture aimed at expanding access to a Tufts education to new populations at every stage of life. Students within University College’s Continuing and Professional Education group can enroll in individual academic courses or certificate programs, offered through Tufts’ various schools, for professional growth, degree completion, or personal interest.
Our team is looking for someone energized by sharing all that Tufts has to offer with new and returning students; through creative marketing and communications, as well as streamlined operations to foster a great student experience.
In this role, you will help us hone and improve our work by connecting with past and current students to hear about their experiences, or aid in keeping our community informed through media content creation. This position will primarily support the continuing education branch of the SMFA, aiding the team in bringing the unique high-level art instruction to new and advanced artists.
** Please note – this is a remote position while the University College office remains closed during the COVID-19 pandemic.
Duties / Responsibilities
· Co-manage general department email inbox, answering student questions and requests about academic calendar dates, registration help, billing, etc.
· Co-manage shared department phone line, returning calls and timely communications with students
· Assist with course registration system data entry and quality control
· Assist with marketing content creation for SMFA CE specific channels
- Draft continuing education art-specific social media posts, both copywriting and imagery
- Draft student-facing emails
- Collaborate with marketing intern for scheduling and posting
· Lead student surveying and testimonial gathering efforts
- Connect with current and past students to hear first-hand about their experience and feedback
- Update and deploy end of term survey, monitor response rates, review responses
- Translate feedback into testimonials for email, social media and website content
· Program and course performance benchmarking
- Previous term performance, enrollment trends
- Discipline-specific competitor research
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Meticulous attention to detail
· Self-motivated multi-tasker and problem-solver with a strong work ethic
· Enthusiasm and an eagerness to learn
· Ability to collaborate and be a team player
· Interest in art
· February 1-May 1 (12 weeks)
· 5 hours/week