Call for SMFA Tour Guides!
Link to Application: https://forms.gle/7kF5RFth44qqd6CB9
The SMFA at Tufts Admissions Office is looking for dedicated and enthusiastic SMFA students to become Student Tour Guides. Tour Guides are often the first point of contact for prospective students and their families and can have a major impact on their understanding of our school and our community.
*Please note this semester all events will be held virtually via Zoom.
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· *Must be a BFA or Combined Degree (BFA+BA/BS) student *
· Virtual campus tours are offered several days a week including Saturdays.
· Tour Guides should expect to work 1-2 shifts per week.
· Tours last approximately 45 minutes and Tour Guides should plan to arrive 10 minutes prior to the tour start time.
· In addition to regularly scheduled tours, Tour Guides will be expected to work special events. These may include Special Group Tours, Student Panels, Open Houses, National Portfolio Days, Jumbo/Bessie Days, and outreach to prospective students.
· Tour Guides are also expected to contribute to social media outreach and student blogs. Opportunities include Tour Guide Tidbits which are Instagram features that focus on the student experience at SMFA at Tufts, and Jumbo Talk which consists of student produced blogs.
· Participate in training throughout the semester with fellow Tour Guides and/or Admissions Staff.
· Be enthusiastic! Tour Guides are encouraged to share their unique experiences of SMFA at Tufts University. The more you enjoy giving a tour, the better the experience will be for visitors.
· Be a leader! This leadership position serves as a role-model for other students so professionalism and punctuality are expected. Help to assist in alumni relations, support academic initiatives, promote new programs, and engage community members.
· Be confident in both online and in-person settings. Tours are online this semester but are expected to return to in-person eventually . . .
· Maintain student confidentiality. Student Ambassadors will be expected to sign a confidentiality agreement.
Tour Guides will be compensated at the regular work-study or student employment rate for hours worked.
The Tour Guide position is an appointment for one academic year. Summer employment opportunities may be available.
We will be evaluating applications on a rolling basis and scheduling interviews in January.
If you have any questions about the Tour Guide position, please contact:
emily Lubow Klobucher (she/her), Assistant Director of Admissions