Join Tufts’ newest and (we think) most exciting school – University College – to support its social media channels across three brands. If you have a passion for communication, digital media, and story-telling, and want to help expand Tufts educational mission to thousands of new students, at different parts of their education journey, this position will be a great fit.
In this role, you will gain valuable social media and digital marketing experience by supporting the creation and management of a social media calendar, curating imagery and developing content for our social media channels across platforms including, but not limited to Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, TikTok, Pinterest, YouTube and Twitter. While having prior experience working with social media management (professionally or personally) would be a plus, we would be happy to help train you if you have no prior experience but have an interest in pursuing digital marketing or social media marketing in the future.
Duties / Responsibilities Include
· 8 hours a week in Fall and Spring terms, with the option of continuing for the Summer
· Manage and update SPROUT account to schedule and organize social posts across platforms and brands within University College.
- Work directly with our new University College Marketing Associate role, recently started on the team
- Pitch and implement ideas for social media campaigns
- Source photos from University College photo library, Tufts photo gallery and/or stock images as needed
- Create and distribute content such as blogs, infographics, videos, and press releases on social media and traditional Tufts community outlets
- Identify opportunities to improve the use of social media and develop ‘followers’ and generate leads
- Work closely with the program administrators on the Pre-College, Continuing Education and OSHER teams within University College at Tufts.
- Conduct Instagram hashtag research and support the generation of keyword lists for Google, as needed
- Help to track social media engagement through analytics in Sprout and Google Analytics, where possible
· Participate, where possible with strategy and larger digital marketing campaigns within the University College marketing team and program teams alike.
Pay Rate: competitive. Work Study eligibility required.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Meticulous attention to detail
· Self-motivated multi-tasker and problem-solver with a strong work ethic
· Enthusiasm and an eagerness to learn
· Ability to collaborate and be a team player
· Ability to manage and operate competitive social channels, as mentioned above.
· Ability to work remotely while final logistics happen for our staff’s return to campus this Fall
· Passion for digital marketing, social media and storytelling preferred
· HTML development, video editing, and Photoshop skills a plus