The Office of Strategy & Program Development (OSPD) at Tufts University is responsible for helping the university think about exciting new programs and business opportunities from a business strategy and analysis perspective. To keep up with demand for and expand its services to their full potential, additional support is required. Specifically, a summer undergraduate student intern who can complete detailed research, analysis, and synthesis to support the office in its key functions.
- Conduct market research to support the development of new academic programs and inform the refresh of current programs
- Analyze research requests to provide actionable recommendations and key findings, including: IPEDS data review, Burning Glass labor data review, External competitor benchmarks, Keyword / search terms review, SIS course analysis, Internal benchmarking, Internal competition review
- MS Excel analysis of data sets and exports
- Create presentation-ready deliverables, summarize meaningful findings and key takeaways
- Provide support to other strategic projects and priorities on an ad hoc basis by proof reading, formatting, note taking, managing project list, drafting emails, etc.
- As Market Research projects are completed, future projects may include: develop and manage reporting tools or dashboards (i.e., Tableau Dashboard), conduct market research on administrative best practices, support key stakeholder interviews and summarize findings, etc.
- Superior creative problem-solving, analytical, and quantitative skills
- Knowledge and appreciation of business concepts
- Strong knowledge of spreadsheet and presentation software, particularly MS Office (Excel, Powerpoint)
- Ability to work effectively on projects with demanding deadlines in a team environment
- Effective communication skills with an ability to share and synthesize knowledge
Hours Expectations: Full Time (35-40 hours per week), Monday-Friday (observing University holidays)
Internship Length: 10 weeks
Internship Dates: June 1-August 6, 2021, dates negotiable
Location: OSPD is working remotely until at least Fall 2021, this internship will be conducted remotely with daily check-in meetings occurring over zoom