The Applied Science team is a multidisciplinary team drawing on developmental, cognitive and neuroscience research, design thinking as well as improvement science to support the creation of research and resources to implement and measure whole-child design in schools. The team is diverse, including expertise in Content Design, Data & Research, and Professional Learning and works closely with partnership staff on services and delivery.
Turnaround is looking for a Data & Research Intern to join the Applied Science team for the summer and learn about and from an organization-wide culture of deliberate inquiry, continuous improvement, data-driven decision making, and research and tool development.
In this role as an intern, you will work closely with the Data & Research team who will help you get oriented to our cross-functional approach to data, research and design and guide you throughout your experience. A project has been designed for you to collect, clean, analyze and visualize data on the reach and impact of Turnaround’s programmatic and research work in FY21. The data analyzed and visualized by you will directly drive decision making and planning for Turnaround’s future work in research, design and dissemination. You will have the opportunity to present your final work to the Chief of Applied Science and receive feedback. You will report to the Senior Manager, Data & Research.
· Bachelor’s or Master’s in psychology, economics, public policy, sociology or related social science field and looking for a summer internship in data analysis for social science research;
· Basic understanding of quantitative and qualitative research methods, statistical analysis;
· Experience using SPSS, Excel for data analysis.
Skills Gained/Enhanced by the end of your internship:
· Knowledge of whole-child design principles and implementation in schools;
· Learning about and translating the principles of improvement science by analyzing data in service of it;
· Skills of survey creation, data collection, cleaning, processing and analysis, data visualization and communication (in the form of decks);
· SPSS and Qualtrics Skills
Internship Duration: Mid-June to mid-August, flexible working schedules
Pay: $20 per hour
If you’re interested in joining us as a Summer Data/Research Intern, share your resume and a brief cover letter explaining why you’d like to work with us, what research methods and statistics courses you’ve taken and any other experience working on data analysis project. Please submit your application to email@example.com. Candidates of color and from traditionally underrepresented backgrounds are highly encouraged to apply.
Turnaround for Children is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, military and veteran status, genetic information or any other factor which cannot be used as a basis for an employment decision.