Come join a higher calling and find a deeper purpose!
As a multi-national Artificial Intelligence Technology Company, we are at the epicenter of the Autonomous Vehicle Universe. Our breakthroughs are leading the industry in autonomous trucking.
While inventing the framework of Autonomous Driving, our current fleet of autonomous Trucks are helping communities receive much-needed supplies and medical equipment around the clock. Our people are some of the most talented engineers and contributors who are leaving behind a historic legacy.
TuSimple was founded half a decade ago with the goal of bringing the top minds in the world together to achieve the dream of a driverless truck solution. With a foundation in computer vision, algorithms, mapping, and Artificial Intelligence, TuSimple is working to create the first global commercially viable Autonomous Freight Network.
You’ll be closely working with our R&D team to develop sensor system solutions for autonomous vehicles.
- Sensor EE architecture and wire harness design: design the EE architecture for sensors, design the power supply and design related wire harnesses
- Sensor system integration and testing: build system solutions, integrate sensors into the whole autonomous system, test system performance, sensor environment testing
- Sensor design requirements: collect and write the sensor requirements document for different sensors
- Sensor sourcing: work with sensor suppliers to get required information, build test bench and evaluate the performance of different sensors
- Sensor hardware system design: select and evaluate different key chips inside the sensor, design key sensor hardware diagrams and interfaces, create hardware evaluation testing based on development board
- Sensor evaluation report: analyze, post-process and visualize the collected sensor data, document the test results, and write the test summary report
Experience & Skills Required
- Understanding basic sensor hardware and physical principles – including how sensors create and output data (Lidar/Camera/Radar/GNSS/IMU/Ultrasound)
- Hands on hardware experience with sensors at the board level
- Experience with datalink, signal lines, data transmission interface, such as TCP/UDP, CAN, Serial, SPI, USB, etc.
- Ability to verify sensor raw data with post-processing skills according to sensor physics
- Sensor SW interfacing and Data Analysis
- B.S., BEng or M.S. in Engineering, automotive, EE, robotics, instrumentation, or related field
- Proficiency with Python or Matlab, C++, work or project experience with ROS and RTOS to interface with sensors
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Experience with designing and building automatic testing and data collection systems such as a linear motion control system
- Have experience competing in autonomous driving contests
- Have 2+ years of industry experience in Sensors, Autonomous Driving, EE and/or Robotics
- Experience in the development of over 3 different types of sensors
TuSimple is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin, or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above-listed items.