The U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation is dedicated to strengthening America’s long-term competitiveness and educating the public on how our free enterprise system improves society and the economy. The Foundation conducts research and produces events on issues facing business now and in the future. Through its initiatives, the Foundation builds skills, drives innovation, and encourages growth.
The Foundation’s Emerging Issues team is seeking an intern to support our current and future programming in a research, events, and communications capacity. Through this position, students will learn about complex issues and new technologies by honing their writing, research, and communication skills.
· Provide research support to the Emerging Issues team by assembling background information for assigned projects and events.
· Writing, formatting and editing of assigned research projects, presentations and products.
· Assist with media monitoring and social listening and share insights for improving Foundation communication channels.
· Assist Foundation staff with event preparation and operations including pre-event research and other event-related tasks as assigned.
· Assist in researching speakers and timely, forward-thinking topics for Foundation programs.
· Assist with meeting and event preparation, including speaker invitations and briefings, event logistics, and day-of event responsibilities.
· Assist with evaluating programs through post-event surveys and other metrics.
· Provide administrative support to the Foundation’s emerging issues team.
· Excellent research, writing, presentation, and editing skills.
· Excellent attention to detail, ability to multi-task, and maintain professional conduct.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Office, PowerPoint, and Excel required.
· Exceptional customer service.
· Ability to work in a team environment.
· Currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program from accredited university.
· Ability to work 40 hours a week.
We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, marital status, status as a protected veteran, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. Our talent acquisition and employment policies are inclusive. We respect both the spirit and letter of the laws of equal employment opportunity.