The Corporate Recruitment and Outreach Division develops and implements effective outreach and recruitment strategies and initiatives in order to attract, recruit and retain a highly qualified workforce that meets current and future Departmental challenges and missions.
The U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) is planning to have student volunteer opportunities open for Federal Human Resources (HR), Federal Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS), Federal Human Resources Training, Learning and Development, Federal Human Resources Workforce Organization, Statistics, and Business majors, within our Office of the Chief Human Capital Officer (Human Capital). Our Student Volunteer program is designed to provide students enrolled in a wide variety of educational institutions, from high school to graduate level, with meaningful opportunities to explore Federal service while in school. The Internship provides DOE program and staff offices with access to pool of talent in search of short term employment experiences that may lead to possible permanent placement upon completion of the program requirements.
Students selected from this announcement will be assigned to the Office of the Chief Human Capital Officer, Office of Talent Management, Corporate Recruitment and Outreach Division, located in Washington, D..C. the Headquarters Office. The Corporate Recruitment and Outreach Division (CRO) develops and implements effective outreach and recruitment strategies and initiatives in order to attract, recruit and retain a highly qualified workforce that meets current and future Departmental challenges and missions. The student will perform a wide variety of duties in the recruitment and marketing fields and help meet DOE’s mission and the student’s learning objectives.
As an CRO Student Volunteer, you will:
- Utilize Microsoft Office and Canva to design, analyze and create documents and/or presentations to support programs;
- Review and develop standard forms, reports and/or other documents in support of recruitment and outreach efforts;
- Assist with and participate in the preparation of virtual recruitment and outreach events;
- Research program needs and prepare proposals for various projects;
- Participate in special projects that support the agency’s efforts with expanding our diversity footprint in the Scientific, Technology, Engineering and Mathematical (STEM), Veteran, Military Spouse and Persons with Disability communities;
- Provide administrative support and coordination assistance to the Office of Talent Management Staff; and
- Provide support to CRO workgroups to research and/or create new innovative approaches or techniques to develop a pipeline of top talent for our mission critical occupations.
Enhancing Department of Energy’s (DOE) presence on social networking sites and manage content on new media sites such as Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, etc. Identifying new and alternative ways to leverage social media to promote DOE careers and internships (i.e., marketing the DOE brand). Assisting in the developing and implementing marketing and branding strategies as they pertain to new media; participate in developing an integrated network of colleges and universities for targeted recruitment. Assisting in the developing and implementing a corporate approach to integrating new media as communication and information vehicles; and design and implement metrics to measure the effectiveness, efficiency and quality of Human Resources new media and college recruitment events.