U.S. News & World Report is a digital first media company dedicated to helping consumers and business professionals make important decisions. We publish independent reporting, rankings, data journalism and advice that has earned the trust of our readers and users for more than 85 years.
As a trusted authority providing empowerment and guidance that improves the quality of life for consumers and communities, U.S. News ultimately leads to better life decisions.
Your role in helping us shape the future:
U.S. News empowers everyone to thrive. In this position, you will have the opportunity to leverage your web production and journalistic skills to create content for the U.S. News 360 Reviews website. You will join an expansion team, collaborating with product managers, product analysts, editors and web developers to launch new products and optimize existing ones.
As a digital producer at 360 Reviews, you will become the subject matter expert in our content management system, recommending feature and sitewide improvements and sharing your knowledge with other members of the team.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Coordinate with product managers to ship new features and run user tests that require production work
- Recommend and test features and improvements
- Upload editorial content, tables, charts, graphics and photos to the CMS
- Source graphics and photos with appropriate licenses
- Edit images in Photoshop
- QA and publish new or updated webpages
- Document production processes on Confluence and host CMS training sessions
You should definitely have:
- Familiarity with content management systems such as WordPress
- Basic understanding of HTML
- Basic image editing skills
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines
- Ability to multitask
- Ability to collaborate with multiple departments
- Applicants must provide a cover letter and resume
It would be nice if you had:
- Experience with HTML and Photoshop
- Journalism experience, including editorial judgement and familiarity with AP style
What it’s like to work with us:
- Talent is our best asset!
- We invest in people with passion and potential who understand U.S. News’ dedication to our consumers.
- Entrepreneurial, mission-driven culture with core values of quality and integrity
- Focus on fostering personal and professional growth
- Competitive benefits including paid vacation time, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Collaborative Work Environment ~ Fun, diverse, inclusive and ambitious co-workers
Other Job Info:
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.