U.S. News & World Report is a multifaceted digital media company dedicated to helping citizens, consumers, business leaders, and policy officials make important decisions in their lives. We publish independent reporting, rankings, data journalism, and advice that has earned the trust of our readers and users for nearly 90 years. Our platforms on usnews.com include Education, Health, Money, Travel, Cars, News and 360 Reviews.
We reach more than 40 million people monthly during moments when they are most in need of expert advice and motivated to act on that advice directly on our platforms. Our signature franchises include our ‘Best’ series of consumer guides on colleges, graduate schools, hospitals, diets, cars, financial services and more. These guides provide an easy-to-digest list for consumers to better understand and compare when making their decisions. We continue to publish annual guides of the authoritative Best Colleges and Best Hospitals rankings on our website and in print. And our U.S. News Live flagship conferences highlight important national conversations including Healthcare of Tomorrow and Healthiest Communities.
Your role in helping us shape the future:
U.S. News & World Report is seeking a motivated self-starter with a degree in communications, English, marketing, business, journalism or related field for a unique internship opportunity. In this role, the candidate will help the Education team expand their market footprint by developing new products and content. The role will interface with SEO, marketing and product management with additional exposure to the editorial process of the award-winning U.S. News Education team. This position is located in Washington, D.C.
The primary responsibility of this individual will be to help manage our on-going content production schedule and content calendar. In this role you will also produce content briefs and communications materials such as data, reports and other related items. This individual will report to the Education team.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Work with Product Managers, SEO Analyst and Editorial team to determine the direction of U.S. News Education content and products;
- Create and execute detailed content briefs based on SEO/keyword data and competitor analysis;
- Provide production support by updating and publishing content in our CMS;
- Assist Product Managers and SEO Analyst with project planning and content development;
- Research & analyze competitor content using SEMrush and similar SEO tools & software;
- Create supportive product content, such as descriptions and other marketing language;
- Assist the Education team with internal reporting on and analysis of content performance and overall product performance;
- Work directly with the SEO analyst to assist with ad hoc & on-going projects.
You should definitely have:
- Bachelor’s degree (major in communications, English, marketing, business, journalism or related field)
- Strong research and writing skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong interest in SEO, content, marketing, product management
- Digital publishing experience (using a content management system, school newspaper or online blog, for example)
- Basic HTML/CSS knowledge a plus
- 1 -2 years of SEO experience is a plus
- Desire to take initiative, ability to work independently and eagerness to learn
What it’s like to work with us:
- Talent is our best asset!
- We invest in people with passion and potential who understand U.S. News’ dedication to our consumers.
- Entrepreneurial, mission-driven culture with core values of quality and integrity
- Focus on fostering personal and professional growth
- Competitive benefits including paid vacation time, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Collaborative Work Environment ~ Fun, diverse, inclusive and ambitious co-workers
Other Job Info:
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- This is a 1-year internship that pays $15.20 an hour