U.S. News & World Report is a digital first media company dedicated to helping consumers and business professionals make important decisions. We publish independent reporting, rankings, data journalism and advice that has earned the trust of our readers and users for more than 85 years. As a trusted authority providing empowerment and guidance that improves the quality of life for consumers and communities, U.S. News ultimately leads to better life decisions.
U.S. News & World Report is seeking a motivated self-starter with an interest in digital technology, media and data to sharpen your skills on the award-winning U.S. News Education team. Working on our industry-leading digital product line will introduce you to many facets of working in the technology space, including product management, data visualization, business analysis and more.
As part of your role, you will learn about a variety of business models in the digital arena, and have the opportunity to compile and deliver a final presentation to the full Education team. This asset can be used for your future professional development, highlighted as a key accomplishment on your resume or gaining school credit if permitted by your school.
- Business, business administration, business analysis
- Computer science, data science
- Marketing, communications
- Product development lifecycle, support for JIRA tickets and QA.
- Reorganization projects geared toward optimizing business workflows.
- Product rankings launches and minor support needs.
- Content production support.
- Eligible candidates must be one of the following:
- Part-time or full-time students who have completed 24+ credit hours (rising sophomores/juniors/seniors) and are enrolled in an undergraduate program at an accredited college or university
- Part-time or full-time students enrolled in a graduate program at an accredited college or university
- May 2021 graduate (Summer Interns Only)
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, professionalism and maturity in the workplace
- Effective communicator in both written and spoken English
- Ability to analyze and transform data in Excel
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in use of MSOffice Suite and Google Docs
- 3.0 GPA or above preferred
Summer Intern Program Description:
- 10 weeks; ideally, starting on Tuesday, June 1 through Friday, August 6
- We expect interns to work 37.5 hours/week, Monday- Friday
- All interns are paid $15/hour
- Internships will likely work remote
- Please submit a resume and cover letter for consideration