U.S. News & World Report is a digital first media company dedicated to helping consumers and business professionals make important decisions. We publish independent reporting, rankings, data journalism and advice that has earned the trust of our readers and users for more than 85 years. As a trusted authority providing empowerment and guidance that improves the quality of life for consumers and communities, U.S. News ultimately leads to better life decisions.
You will be working with a passionate and hard-working team of journalists covering education, national security, the economy, health and politics for our News section. This includes daily news coverage as well as stories in our Best Countries, Healthiest Communities and Best States rankings products; Write short articles and listicles/slideshows as the news dictates; and Attend and cover news events/conferences.
- Interest in international affairs, politics and policy.
- Comfortable working with data.
- Experience working at a college newspaper or its equivalent.
- Write short stories under tight deadline pressure.
- Write listicles using data from U.S. News government rankings products
- Opportunity to attend Washington, D.C. events.
- Eligible candidates must be one of the following:
- Part-time or full-time students who have completed 24+ credit hours (rising sophomores/juniors/seniors) and are enrolled in an undergraduate program at an accredited college or university
- May 2021 graduate (Summer Interns Only)
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, professionalism and maturity in the workplace
- Effective communicator in both written and spoken English
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in use of MSOffice Suite and Google Docs
- 3.0 GPA or above preferred
Summer Intern Program Description:
- 10 weeks; ideally, starting on Tuesday, June 1 through Friday, August 6
- We expect interns to work 37.5 hours/week, Monday- Friday
- All interns are paid $15/hour
- Internships will likely work remote
- Please submit a resume and cover letter for consideration