U.S. News & World Report is a digital-first media company dedicated to helping consumers and business professionals make important decisions. We publish independent reporting, rankings, data journalism, and advice that have earned the trust of our readers and users for more than 88 years.
As a trusted authority providing empowerment and guidance that improves the quality of life for consumers and communities, U.S. News ultimately leads to better life decisions.
Your role in helping us shape the future:
We are seeking a motivated, highly analytical, and detail-oriented Product Analyst. You will join a high-growth expansion team, collaborating with product managers, editors, digital producers, and web developers to launch new products and optimize existing ones.
Are you up to the challenge?
- Act as the product owner of a segment, which covers a number of rating and review categories, and be in charge of launching new categories and optimizing existing ones
- Analyze key metrics to understand program performance
- Present findings to management and key stakeholders on a weekly and monthly basis
- Collaborate with product management to make product and business decisions using data-driven insights and analyze the impact of product changes
- Collaborate with the UX/Design team to explore opportunities to improve user experience
- Contribute to our company internship program by training and coaching product research interns
You should definitely have:
- A Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Business or a similar major, or equivalent experience
- 1+ years of experience in product analytics and/or product management, or equivalent experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Experience with web analytics tools such as Google Analytics and Adobe Analytics
- Strong analytical skills; ability to build a strong understanding of product metrics and business KPIs; ability to extract insights from data analysis and translate them into actionable takeaways
- Strong presentation skills; ability to build tables and visualizations to communicate takeaways to management and key stakeholders
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize workload, and meet tight deadlines while maintaining quality and detail
- Strong storytelling, communications, and organizational skills
- Experience working with cross-functional teams
It would be nice if you had:
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence, or equivalent project management platforms
- Experience with user testing such as A/B testing and heat maps
- Experience working in B2B industries
- What it’s like to work with us:
- Talent is our best asset!
- We invest in people with passion and potential who understand U.S. News’ dedication to our consumers.
- Entrepreneurial, mission-driven culture with core values of quality and integrity
- Focus on fostering personal and professional growth
- Competitive benefits including paid vacation time, medical, tuition reimbursement, and training
- Collaborative Work Environment ~ Fun, diverse, inclusive, and ambitious co-workers
Other Job Info:
- These statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of employees assigned to this job.
- Please note we will not provide visa sponsorship for this role.