U.S. News & World Report is a digital first media company dedicated to helping consumers and business professionals make important decisions. We publish independent reporting, rankings, data journalism and advice that has earned the trust of our readers and users for more than 85 years. As a trusted authority providing empowerment and guidance that improves the quality of life for consumers and communities, U.S. News ultimately leads to better life decisions.
U.S. News & World Report is looking for an enthusiastic Software Developer Intern to join a growing developer team for one of the globe’s most trusted brands. The successful candidate will join an active scrum team, solve real challenges, and see their contributions go live in front of actual users. Come join a collaborative, supportive group of engaged programmers and get a real taste of a software development career.
- Applicants should be candidates for or recipients of a degree in engineering, mathematics, or science.
- Applicants should have some experience working with React or Python web frameworks like Django.
- Applicants should have some experience working with source control technologies like Git.
- Applicants will work on real tickets related to our web applications and data loaders, in either our Education or Autos verticals.
- Applicants will gain experience in React and/or Python.
- Applicants will participate in standard Scrum activities like standups, planning and review meetings, retrospectives, estimations, etc.
- Applicants will have their code reviewed by senior developers who will help them learn how to produce professional-caliber code.
- Eligible candidates must be one of the following:
- Part-time or full-time students who have completed 24+ credit hours (rising sophomores/juniors/seniors) and are enrolled in an undergraduate program at an accredited college or university
- Part-time or full-time students enrolled in a graduate program at an accredited college or university
- May 2021 graduate (Summer Interns Only)
- Ability to exercise sound judgment, professionalism and maturity in the workplace
- Effective communicator in both written and spoken English
- Good oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in use of MSOffice Suite and Google Docs
- 3.0 GPA or above preferred
Summer Intern Program Description:
- 10 weeks; ideally, starting on Tuesday, June 1 through Friday, August 6
- We expect interns to work 37.5 hours/week, Monday- Friday
- All interns are paid $15/hour
- Internships will likely work remote
- Please submit a resume and cover letter for consideration