- Accepting applications
Open & closing dates
- 04/14/2021 to 12/31/2021
Pay scale & grade
- GS 5 – 7
- $35,265 to $56,790 per year
- Additional locality pay may be added to the above salary based on the employee’s residence or work location.
- Temporary – (Appointments will normally range from 30 days to 180 days, but may be extended depending on the level of disaster activity.)
Many vacancies in the following location:
- Location Negotiable After Selection, United States
Relocation expenses reimbursed
Yes as determined by agency policy
This job is open to
Clarification from the agency
United States Citizenship Required (Applications will be reviewed and selections made on a continuous basis, depending on the staffing need and level of disaster activity, until the closing date.)
- **THIS IS TO AMEND EXC-21-040-PDC-11061178 (CHANGING DUTY STATION FROM FT. WORTH TO ALL OF THE UNITED STATES). IF YOU HAVE ALREADY APPLIED TO EXC-21-040-PDC-11061178, YOU DO NOT NEED TO REAPPLY.
- **CURRENT EMPLOYEES NEED NOT APPLY.
- **THIS ANNOUNCEMENT IS FOR THE CURRENT COVID-19 PANDEMIC AND THE 2021 HURRICANE SEASON. FINAL PAY RATE WILL BE DETERMINED BY EMPLOYEE’S HOME ADDRESS AND IS NOT NEGOTIABLE.
- Learn more about this agency
- PLEASE TAKE NOTE: Due to the amount of mandatory overtime, outside employment is strongly discouraged.
- As a Loan Assistant at the GS-1165-5/7, some of your typical work assignments may include:
- Review pertinent facts and make eligibility determinations by analyzing factors such as intended use of proceeds, legislative and administrative limits, etc.
- Contact banks and other third parties to obtain information necessary to formulate loan recommendations.
- Respond to inquiries from applicants, their representatives and agents, and others concerning the status of applications and reasons for Agency decisions.
- Process loan modifications by performing necessary analysis and preparing full documentation supporting the analysis.
- Assist Case Managers with closing and disbursing approved loans.
- IMPORTANT NOTES:
- Salary is non-negotiable; however additional locality pay may be added to the above salary based on the employee’s residence or work location.
- By applying for this position with SBA’s Office of Disaster Assistance, you can enjoy challenging but satisfying work and join a highly motivated and diverse team that helps families and businesses rebuild their lives after a disaster.
- This position is telework eligible as determined by agency policy. Employees’ primary residence will be their ONLY duty station and work location.
- Occasional travel – On occasion, especially during times of substantial disaster activity, you may be required to work overtime and/or travel with little or no advance notice.
Job family (Series)
Conditions of Employment
- You must be able to obtain and maintain a Government travel credit card .Favorable background investigation and credit check are required. Mandatory Overtime: In order to respond quickly and efficiently to disaster survivors, substantial compensated overtime hours may be required while on assignment (up to seven days a week and ten to fourteen hours a day).Credit Score must be at least 500.
- Generally, time in Non-Pay status is not creditable towards the specialized experience requirement listed below. You must meet all qualification requirements at the time you submit your application. You may qualify based on experience or education. Experience: To receive credit, you must indicate the month and year as well as the average hours worked per week for each employer or that experience will not be credited for meeting the specialized experience requirement.GS-05: To qualify you must have at least three (3) years of general experience in a pay or work status, one (1) year of which is equivalent in difficulty and complexity to the GS-04 level in the Federal service. This experience must demonstrate the following:
- Gathering and analyzing facts and figures and presenting information or conclusions orally and in writing, OR
- Providing knowledge on the principles of financial analysis or of insurance laws. This experience may have been gained performing functions such as the following.
- Working with loans;
- Reviewing credit reports and/or mortgage documents;
- Interpreting and explaining pay information to employees;
- Gathering, analyzing, or presenting financial or insurance information; etc.
- GS-07: To qualify you must have at least 1 full year (52 weeks) of specialized experience equivalent in difficulty and complexity to the GS-05 level in the Federal service that has equipped you with the particular knowledge, skill, and ability to perform successfully in this position. This experience may have been gained in a Non-Federal service position. In addition, this Specialized Experience must be related to or demonstrate at least one (1) of the following:
- Mortgage underwriting of simple residential lending to include making recommendations on loans, OR
- Analyzing consumer Consumer Bureau Reports (CBR’s) to make determinations on credit worthiness, OR
- Auto lending.
- If qualifying based on education, you must submit transcripts to be eligible.
- GS-05: Must have a bachelor’s or equivalent undergraduate degree in ANY field or 4 full years of related progressively higher level education leading to such a degree, from an accredited college or university. Recent graduates with a bachelor’s degree in a related field from an accredited college or university with no prior lending experience are encouraged to apply.
- GS-07: Bachelor’s degree with GPA of 3.0 or better (Superior Academic Achievement) OR have at least one (1) year of graduate education, in a related field from an accredited college or university (see explanation below):
- Superior Academic Achievement is based on (1) class standing, (2) grade-point average, or (3) honor society membership.1. Class standing – Applicants must be in the upper third of the graduating class in the college, university, or major subdivision, based on completed courses.2. Grade-point average – Applicants must have a grade-point average of: 3.0 or higher out of a possible 4.0 as recorded on their official transcript, or as computed bases on 4 years of education, or as computed based on courses completed during the final two years of the curriculum; OR 3.5 or higher out of a possible 4.0 based on the average of the required courses completed in the major field or the required courses in the major field completed during the final 2 years of the curriculum.3. Election to membership in a national scholastic honor society.
- Related Undergraduate and Graduate Education: Major study — finance, business administration, economics, accounting, insurance, engineering, mathematics, banking and credit, law, real estate operations, statistics, or other fields related to the position.
- A combination of experience and education as indicated above.
- If you work or are expected to work at least 90 consecutive days and 130 hours per month, you will become eligible for health insurance benefits only.
How You Will Be Evaluated
- You will be evaluated for this job based on how well you meet the qualifications above.
- Applications will be reviewed for qualifications. You will be contacted directly if selected.
Background checks and security clearance
Drug test required
Position sensitivity and risk
Trust determination process
Agency contact information
Processing and Disbursement Center – PDC
14925 Kingsport Road
Fort Worth, TX 76155