Ultra Labs is seeking a talented, highly motivated Senior Machine Learning Engineer to solve our most challenging AI/ML R&D problems. The ideal candidate has experience across the AI/ML deployment pipeline, from experimentation, prototyping, testing, validation, verification, scaling, and operational deployment; and has excellent written, oral, teamwork, and collaboration skills. The candidate will work with team members across multiple internal organizations and customers to develop explainable multi-domain data-driven solutions.
*Relocation Assistance is Available*
Salary: $90,000 – $125,000 (dependent upon experience)
Preferred location: Austin, TX
Other desirable locations: Any US Ultra site (Washington, DC; Boston, MA; Fort Wayne, IN; Germantown, MD; Chantilly, VA; Long Island, NY)
- Lead project teams and deliver across entire machine learning value chain, from domain application analysis, concept, architecture, experimentation, prototyping, and production deployment.
- Mentor junior team members to develop their technical and problem-solving skills.
- Learn new application & mission domains; apply creativity to develop analytical approach and execute experimentation leading to novel prototype proof-of-concept capabilities.
- Build and deploy full-stack AI/ML solutions using modern technologies (e.g. TensorFlow, Pytorch, TimyML, Pandas, Spark, Hadoop, Docker, Apache Storm, ggplot, etc)
- Apply diverse analytical approach to customer challenges (e.g. data mining, statistical modeling, predictive analytics, optimization, risk analysis, data visualization, etc)
- Build data collection plans, test scenarios in mission environments to enable machine learning experimentation.
- Engage and collaborate with internal and external partner teams to advance AI/ML application development and deployment to production.
- Apply agile methodologies to accelerate delivery by identifying and removing process barriers through continuous collaboration with key stakeholders.
- Write and illustrate technical whitepapers/proposals to explain mission technical approach and system performance, for internal and customer review.
Qualifications we Require:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Mathematics/Statistics or related STEM field.
- Ability to obtain a US Government security clearance. Security clearances are granted to U.S. citizens.
Qualifications we Desire:
- Proven ability to lead project teams from domain application analysis, concept, architecture, experimentation, to production deployment.
- 4+ years of relevant applied experience delivering across the entire artificial intelligence value chain, from domain application analysis, concept, architecture, experimentation, prototyping, and production deployment.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Deep understanding and diverse analytical experience with data mining, statistical modeling, predictive analytics, optimization, risk analysis, and data visualization.
- Experience writing and illustrating technical whitepapers/proposals to explain mission technical approach and system performance, for internal and customer review.
Ultra specializes in providing application-engineered bespoke solutions. We focus on our customers’ mission critical and intelligent systems in defense, security, critical detection & control markets. Our capabilities and technologies can be found on many of the world’s long-term military programs. We employ over 4,500 employees across the globe and are listed on the London Stock Exchange. Ultra operates mainly as a Tier 3 (sub-system) and occasionally a Tier 2 systems provider, in the Maritime, C3 (Communications, Command and Control) and Cyber, military and commercial aerospace, nuclear and industrial sensors markets. We use both research and development , to provide innovative, mission specific bespoke technological solutions to our customer’s most complex problems. Learn more by visiting our website; https://www.ultra.group/
We offer medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, health savings accounts, paid time off, and a 401(k) plan with a Company match.