Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This role handles a large volume of incoming correspondence for Hospital and Patient Billing daily. Opening, researching and sorting mail in order to get it to the correct area for handling timely and accurately.
1. Expedites non-routine purchases for departments as delegated. May maintain inventory of supply
2. May train others using verbal and written communication
3. Performs more complex scheduling of providers, staff, facilities, home care and/or patients (involving critical meetings or multiple medical procedures as an example). Coordinates meetings, workshops, and other events, including travel, based on predetermined needs.
4. Prepares and maintains basic financial records
5. Prepares complex forms, reports, presentations and other documents requiring a higher level of proficiency with software. Creates, proofreads or edits correspondence and documents for internal and external circulation based on existing templates.
6. Procuring and filing records, researching lost or missing records, and posting information to records or ledgers in accordance with established procedures and systems. Checks records to verify accuracy and compliance with rules and procedures of appropriate system. Resolves discrepancies by contacting appropriate office to obtain information on source of discrepancy and correcting any errors.
7. Registering patients and completing encounter forms. Collecting patient payments and insurance information and making proper referrals to financial departments. May contact insurance companies directly to verify/determine eligibility. May also verify previous balance owed to UNCH.
8. Represents UNCHCS with internal and/or external entities in regards to budget, payments, collections, inventory to accomplish organizational goals.
9. Serves as a second level of response to customer inquiries and complaints in person, by phone and/or electronic communication. This may include working with third party providers.
- High School diploma or GED
- No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
- Three (3) years of clerical experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
- Customer Focus: makes the customer and their needs their top priority and goes the extra mile to satisfy their customers. Demonstrates the ability to resolve customer problems. Technical expertise: understands the technical aspects of one’s job. Effectively uses Microsoft office products in order to produce reports and documents. Demonstrates the ability to learn and master the scheduling system Coachability: Receptive to feedback, willing to learn and embraces continuous improvement Accountability: Manages performance to meet expected results. Works to meet the internal/external customer requirements. Fiscal responsibility: Understands the insurance process and seeks to make the best decision/referral in the interest of the customer. Conflict Resolution: Uses appropriate interpersonal styles and methods to reduce tension or conflict between two or more people. Finds agreement on issues and follows through on implementation
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Patient Accounting
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC: Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No