Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position may involve support of various hospitals and health care systems within the UNC Health Care System, but will be employed by Rex Hospital, Inc. (this includes, but is not limited to, for purposes of payroll, health benefits, retirement options, and applicable policies).
The Analytics Developer II is a key contributor supporting, analyzing, and creating information for enterprise wide consumption. The Analytics Developer II will support reporting for quality and other needs from Epic EHR, including data expertise in Clarity and Caboodle data models .Works with enterprise wide business and IT management to understand and prioritize data and information requirements. Solves technical problems. Optimizes the performance of enterprise data, analytics, and interoperability tools. Creates testing methodology and criteria. Educates end-users on reporting and analytics tools to enhance decision making and develop business cases to support enterprise wide data, analytics, and interoperability solutions. Proficient in applying established standards. Works independently and coaches junior team members.
– The Analytics Developer II supports all levels of Epic reporting at UNC to include report requests, dashboards, extracts, and security. Evaluates requests and consults other teams to facilitate data and information needs of the health care system. Identifies and recommends solutions for larger and complex projects and ensures best practice development. Formulates and develops plans at a high level and documents required steps to achieve stated requirements. Reviews plans with management/peers as appropriate.
– Develops and maintains clear, understandable documentation to describe program development and modification, as well as the troubleshooting process. Updates system and support documentation as necessary to reflect changes to programs, solutions, reports and interfaces.
– Updates management, customers and others as appropriate on a timely basis regarding progress on assigned tasks, projects and issues, via written or oral reports.
– Assists other IT teams with selection and provides technical evaluation of products / tools to ensure that the proposed solution adheres to enterprise-wide requirements, adapts to new requirements and changing technologies in order to meet business standardization protocols and objectives. Provides guidance and mentorship to report developers to ensure best practices, standard methodologies, and process are executed.
– Functions as a technical consultant to the health system and maintains high service levels. Participates in system wide initiatives to improve efficiency and reach institutional goals and objectives.
– Functions as a project coordinator for small scale projects. Develops project plans, and sets priorities for working teams.
– Participates in a 24/7 on-call rotation for supporting assigned applications.
Requires Bachelors degree
No licensure or certification required.Epic Clarity/Caboodle Inpatient Data Model Certification preferred or certification within onboarding training period post employer-sponsored onsite Epic training
Professional Experience Requirements:
– If a Bachelor’s Degree in a STEM field (i.e. Engineering, Math, Computer Science, Analytics, etc.), then two (2) years of experience is required.
– If a Bachelors Degree in other field, requires four (4) years of experience.
– If Master’s Degree, then two (2) years of experience is required.
– If PhD, then no years of experience is required.
– If an Associates Degree, requires ten (10) years of experience.
– If High School Diploma, requires twelve (12) years of experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
– Reporting, Analytics & Data Visualization: SAP Business Objects Crystal, SAP Business Objects WebI, Tableau
– Epic Cogito, including Epic-Business Objects integration, Reporting Workbench, Radar Dashboards, SlicerDicer
– Data Infrastructure, Integration, Mgmt & Architecture: Epic Clarity, Epic Caboodle, SAP Business Objects HANA, SAP Business Objects Universe Design
– Programming: SQL
– Software development methodology: Agile, SDLC lifecycle
– Project Management: MS Project, Jira, MS Office Suite
– Health Care Regulatory Reporting: CMS, The Joint Commission (TJC) and other government regulatory reporting, Interoperability Reporting regulated by State and Federal governments
– Customer service excellence and end-user training and support
– Highly responsive to internal and external customers
– Ability to work well in a team environment
– Excellent analytical and communication skills
– Project management skills and demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: IT Analytics
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes