Become part of an inclusive organization with over 40,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
Anesthetizes patients undergoing surgical, medical,
obstetric, diagnostic, psychiatric, or resuscitative procedures either by general, regional, or monitored anesthesia. Functions under the administrative guidelines of the Department of Anesthesiology , and under the medical direction of the attending anesthesiologists of the Department of Anesthesiology.
Under the medical direction and supervision of an
anesthesiologist, the CAAs functions include, but are not limited to, the
1. Assesses patient pre-operatively in a timely and efficient
manner. This includes performance of history and physical development of
anesthesia plan of care, documentation of assessment and plan, explanation of care, risks and benefits to patient and family, assembly of equipment and
drugs. Meets annual departmental quality metrics for turnover times, on-time
starts and QI submissions.
2. Attends continuing education and professional meetings, participates in institutional and departmental committees.
3. Contributes to performance improvement. Evaluates problem areas, plans and implements measures to assure improvement in patient outcomes, assists in collection of data and participates in Impact Care activities.
4. Maintains anesthesia records, care reports and other
documents in a legible manner
5. Provides anesthesia; this includes performs
ASA-approved checklist of equipment, provides safe environment for patient,
administers anesthesia in accordance with the Department of Anesthesiology
standards of care, places appropriate lines and monitors, adjusts care and
notifies appropriate personnel in abnormal situations, transports patient at
the end of the case, reports pertinent information, documents anesthesia care.
– Completion of a Master in Anesthesia program accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs.
– Certified or eligible for certification by the National Commission for the Certification of Anesthesiologist Assistants
Professional Experience Requirements:
– Prior experience preferred.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
Entity: UNC Medical Center
Organization Unit: Anesthesiology Department
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Rotating
Location of Job: US:NC:Chapel Hill
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: No