Become part of an inclusive organization with over 30,000 diverse employees, whose mission is to improve the health and well-being of the unique communities we serve.
This position may involve support of various hospitals and health care systems within the UNC Health Care System, but will be employed by Rex Hospital, Inc. (this includes, but is not limited to, for purposes of payroll, health benefits, retirement options, and applicable policies)
The HCS Application Systems Analyst Senior position provides a high level of technical support (development, testing, integration and implementation) of Biomed applications and interfaces which deliver IT tools and support clinical functions across the health system. The responsibilities of this position include project management, requirements definitions, systems design, analysis, problem resolution, and vendor coordination.
- Evaluates requests and consults in design for new or modified Biomed solutions, reports and interfaces to determine feasibility and compatibility with current system. Identifies and recommends solution development for larger and complex projects and ensures best practice development. Formulates and develops plans at a high level and documents required steps to achieve stated requirements. Reviews plans with management/peers as appropriate.
- Performs reporting and analysis associated with clinical device inventory controls and security leveraging CMMS and IoT solutions.
- Develops and maintains clear, understandable documentation to describe program development and modification, as well as troubleshooting. Updates system and support documentation as necessary to reflect changes to programs, solutions, reports and interfaces.
- Updates management, customers and others as appropriate on a timely basis regarding progress on assigned tasks, projects and issues, via written or oral reports
- Assists other IT teams with selection and provides technical evaluation of products / tools to ensure that the proposed solution adheres to enterprise-wide requirements, adapts to new requirements and changing technologies in order to meet business standardization protocols and objectives, and assists customers in review of clinical device purchases.
- Functions as a technical consultant to the health system and maintains high service levels. Participates in system wide initiatives to improve efficiency and each institutional goals and objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems Management or related field (or equivalent combination of education, training and experience).
- No licensure or certification required.
Professional Experience Requirements:
- If a Bachelors degree: Four (4) years of direct experience.
- If an Associates degree: Eight (8) years of direct experience.
- If a High School diploma or GED: Twelve (12) years of direct experience.
Knowledge/Skills/and Abilities Requirements:
- Excellent analytical and communication skills. Ability to work well in a team environment. Demonstrated ability to successfully manage multiple tasks simultaneously. Highly responsive to internal customers.
Legal Employer: NCHEALTH
Entity: Shared Services
Organization Unit: Clinical Engineering
Work Type: Full Time
Standard Hours Per Week: 40.00
Work Schedule: Day Job
Location of Job: US:NC:Morrisville
Exempt From Overtime: Exempt: Yes